President Walkback

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Nov 13, 2016.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Now the wall might just be a fence.
    Trump's campaign, unlike any we've seen before, continues to set new precedence. I cannot recall ever seeing so many key campaign promises walked back less than a week after the election.

Like many who've dealt with Trump in the business world, his supporters are finding out that what he sells isn't the same as what he delivers.

2. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

I see this as a way to bring both sides together. If he continued on his extreme rhetoric, he would meet more resistance. He's actually smarter than you think.

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

Oh no!
    Some of the wall will be a fence.

Immediate impeachment!

4. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

So far, every walk back has been towards the left. Why are liberals complaining about it?

5. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow. That's quite the spin.

Trump may be smarter than I think.

But his supporters clearly aren't.

6. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

As long as it limits illegal immigration he can build rainbow colored arcs.

7. Meister Suspended

Meister

They're nuts?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 13, 2016 ---
    Since when are you a Trump supporter?

8. chown33 macrumors 604

[​IMG]

9. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Illegal immigration was already "limited."

Your expectations are as low as the man you just elected.

How appropriate.

10. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

His supporters aren't making these decisions.

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

He was put into office by a group of people supposedly demanding change, BIG change. So are you saying it was all a show, I know it was a show, but the important part is that his Trumpets don't care about any of his promises, especially the ones where he got the biggest cheers while campaigning? What about snapping his fingers and bringing manufacturing back*? No problem there either I presume when he walks that back. :rolleyes:

*This is not implying there is no manufacturing going on in the U.S. but it was certainly one of the main points he made during his candidacy.

12. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Look at the only bright side: we'll often have the dubious pleasure of saying "I told you so".

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

He did say that he could stand in the middle of fifth ave and shoot someone without losing support, I think this is proof that he was right at least when it comes to the 1/3rd of Republicans that supported him in the primaries. The question for him is will the rest of them go along enough to give him a second term, or does he even want a second term?

14. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

His supporters bought his pitch.

Idiots.

15. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

So, you start a thread about the President Elect, but really only to insult his supporters?

Thought you were better than that. Apparently I was wrong.

16. Dmunjal, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016

Dmunjal macrumors 65816

If he does nothing from now but Drain the Swamp, he'll have done his job. He already got rid of the two most corrupt families in politics.

I still don't know why you're so concerned about Trump supporters?

17. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

His supporters bought outlandish and immoral promises that he didn't keep for even one week.

Now America has to live with the results, which will have reverberations that last long after he leaves office.

And you want me to be polite about it?

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

...how long will his supporters remain supporters?
    He's draining the swamp? Have they already passed out the Koolaid? Look at whose being considered for his cabinet. Chief of Staff- Conspiracy theorist and consummate liar Bretbart? I really want Sarah Palin in there. :rolleyes:

Oh, I get it, Trump Supporters were the sucker in all of this. Now that he's in office screw them and the promises he made to them. Sounds good to me. :p

19. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

If you look at when most of the people complaining joined MR. They joined after Obama was already elected. Your only opinions of them could form based on conversations while they had their social media safe spaces. A liberal message board with a liberal president and liberal media.

Now you toss in a little thing like a presidential election and you find out exactly how petty most of them are. Since Hillary lost it has been nothing but supersized tantrums on all of my social media accounts.

20. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

I don't know what he's going to do. Neither do you. If he does drain the swamp, he will be a success. If he doesn't, he'll lose his job in 4 years.

He will have to convince his supporters to compromise as well.

21. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

I don't see the problem here. It's like people are trying to intentionally criticize Trump for whatever reason. Yes, he has stepped back on a few of his "changes" that he pledged during the campaign, but the ones he has been stepping back on might actually be better off for this country --we just have to wait and see how things work. Maybe the discussion he had with Obama, someone who has 8 years of presidential experience, changed the way he saw things a bit and he realized that it's frivolous to pursue things as strongly when it's not as necessary as he thought before.

Unless of course, liberals here really want Trump to build a wall, destroy and go back to the old way of doing healthcare, etc, I will be more than happy to start a *ehem* petition *ehem* demanding that Trump keep to his word on, as the lovely liberals put it, to destroy our country, our foundations, etc. :D:cool:

22. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Probably: I am still waiting for the closure of Guantanamo.

23. Meister Suspended

Meister

You really are petty and desperate, aren't you?

24. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

You are confused about a couple of things.

1. The voters got rid of the Clinton, not Trump. He did not have the power to do that. Only the people did.

2. The only swamp the president has control over is within the Executive Branch, and we've already seen the kinds of swamp rats he's eager to swim with. If you really believe that Trump is going to Drain the Swamp, then I've got a wall ... er ... fence, that I'd like to sell you.

25. Herdfan macrumors 6502

At this point, what difference does it make?

Really, does it matter if it is a wall or a fence. As long as it keeps illegals out it I don't care. Besides, have you seen some of the fences in the middle east? Better than most walls.

A fence is a lot closer to what was promised than "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan" or maybe "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."
    --- Post Merged, Nov 13, 2016 ---
    Why is building a wall immoral?

I am really curious.