Presidential Debate - If You Could Ask One Question

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Sep 26, 2008.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Who would you ask it of and what would it be?

2. voxnj macrumors regular

Question for McCain:

We'll make it an easy multiple choice. Which of the following are you most proud of:

a. Being censured by Congress for unethical lobbying for the Lincoln S&L and the Keating Five just as they triggered the S&L meltdown
    b. Making light of bombing Iran and actually singing singing gleefully about it to the tune of Barbara Ann
    c. Relentlessly pursuing an agenda of deregulation of financial services companies while soliciting and receiving huge donations from people closely associated with FannieMae and Feddie Mac
    d. Selecting a campaign manager who, until last month, was actively engaged in lobbying and consulting for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
    e. Hatefully proposing to fire the head of the SEC so that you could replace him with Andrew Cuomo -- the person who as head of HUD changed the rules so that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac could stimulate junk mortgages (and who is arguably the person who singularly did the most the cause the current crisis
    f. Stating last Tuesday that our economy was strong
    g. Choosing a belligerent and ignorant (i.e. Belignorant) running mate?
    h. Supporting Bush in over 90% of his agenda
    i. All of the above.

3. Queso macrumors G4

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

To either candidates: Only one speaker on the bottom of my iPhone is working. Should I take it back?

5. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I would ask Senator McCain if any of his 13 or so houses are being foreclosed due to the financial crisis.

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I actually like that question. :)

7. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I'd try to keep things high-brow.

As the economies of Asia and Brazil continue to grow at paces that far outstrip that of the U.S., as the fiscal problems in the U.S. precipitate the decline of the U.S. as the financial center of the world, and as U.S. military power is preoccupied by wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, how do you see the role of international institutions evolving in the future of international relations, and how important is the U.S. role within them?

8. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

To either candidate: In light of the tightening US credit market, and in light of the United States' role in world financial markets, do you agree that cut-and-paste is a low priority?

9. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

To both candidates: What will you do to repair the USAs damaged reputation around the world?

10. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

11. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Why not ask when the macbook updates are coming and the specifics of the update while you're at it ;) should I buy now yadda-yadda

12. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I'd start with a quote from President Bush:

As uncertainty has grown, many banks have restricted lending, credit markets have frozen, and families and businesses have found it harder to borrow money.

And then another quote:

The only source of the generation of additional capital goods is saving. -Mises

So what are you thoughts on this, Senator ____________ ?

13. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

No, they are paid for. You see, in America, you can work hard, earn and save money, and pass it down to your family so they, too, can live well, healthy, educated, and contribute to society just as you have. It's simple, really.

On that note, I would ask if I could visit one of the homes for a short vacation.

Or, how much for the children? I want to buy your children!

14. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Or, failing that, you can always marry someone rich! :p

15. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Question to Palin - "If the fetus you save turns out to be gay, would you still support its rights?"

16. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Not if you're ugly. You have to remember: this is America!

17. aethelbert macrumors 601

Aww, come on now. This is America. Anything is possible. Where else can you go from being a poor black man to being a rich white woman in the course of a single lifetime?

18. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Obama: "At what point does a baby get human rights?" And no answer about your "pay grade" this time.

19. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Who, in fact, has worked hard and managed her inheritance well to earn what she has, as had her forefathers.

20. Queso macrumors G4

Worked hard to manage her inheritance? Or simply employed others to do that whilst she sits round the pool at the country club?

21. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

After watching last nights "debate", I would like to change my question to: Can we have an actual debate, please?

22. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

It was more of a here's my speech on that, then the next guy gave his speech on that.............soon.....zzzzzzzz.

23. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Whatever works. And I assure you she's paid more taxes that most of these forum members put together.

24. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

While I was a prisoner of war......