Pressing "backspace" deletes songs from your music library in iTunes??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, May 9, 2012.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

WTF???? I just accidentally deleted like 4 songs. I have no idea what they were. Why the hell would they make backspace delete songs? What's more, why wouldn't they prompt you to confirm deleting something as big as an mp3? How do I disable this, and how do I make it prompt me in the future when I hit delete?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I assume you're talking about iTunes?

Go into the settings and find the 'advanced' section and click 'Reset Warnings.' There is a warning for this, you must have accidentally turned it off at some point.

Also... are you talking about in the library (where the song is actually erased) or a playlist (where it is just removed from that playlist)? Did Command-z (undo) not fix the problem? It sounds like you really erased the song, but that's my other thought: that you were just in a playlist and didn't actually erase it from the library.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Could it be that in virtually every other applications the backspace functions as a delete key? Also, you may want to familiarize yourself with the "Trash" folder on your computer, sometimes deleted files magically appear there.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

How do you know you deleted them, or even had them in the first place if you "have no idea what they were".

5. RichBoi99 macrumors newbie

smh

this is a prime example why you should familarize yourself with your Mac, before clickin **** when u dont even know what your doing.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

This is going to sound condescending, but I assure you that is not my intent...

Why are you clicking backspace in iTunes at all, let alone multiple times? FWIW I didn't know this was a feature, but it makes sense to me. The backspace button is made for deletion, is it not?

7. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

The button says "delete." It doesn't get much clearer than that.

8. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Awesome thanks. I think I just deleted it from my library, found them in my computer after realizing they were on my iPhone still