Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 11, 2010
I don't see a thread or similar posts, so I guess whatever this is isn't widespread.

My iPhone 6+ is just a few months old. Briefly was jailbroken, then I did a clean iOS install so I could upgrade for my Apple Watch in April. Upgrade was done via iTunes (I've been JB'ing a long time and I never do OTA).

I got the most recent version of Taig (as of today), had to download and reinstall iTunes and then also install some kind of iTunes 64 bit driver. But Taig worked the first time, Cydia seems fine, etc. I let Cydia update, then restored my Tetherme purchase. (Didn't even test/enable it.) That is literally all that's been done to this phone. But for the last six hours since my JB, no apps will update or install. Status just spins. Other network connectivity is functional.

What I've done so far:

--Power cycled phone (several times)

--Tried on multiple wifi connections

--Deleted an app and attempted to re-download it (doesn't work, can't download anything from app store)

--Reset network settings

I'm going to see if I can update apps and sync them via iTunes next, but so far this seems pretty broken.

Has anyone else seen/heard of this with the current jailbreak, or any ideas what could be happening?

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 11, 2010
Okay, the App Store sign in was it (thanks nwmtnbiker), but here's what I ended up having to do:

--Settings/App store -- enter PW
--Still didn't work
--Power cycled phone again
--Upon bootup, gave me an app store error ("Unable to purchase [updated app] at this time"). Then seemed to actually start downloading, but prompted me for my iTunes password again.

ANYWAY--most likely a dumb error but leaving my stupidity here in case others get logged out too during the process. I guess that hadn't happened to me before during a JB, and iOS never prompted me to enter my credentials.

Reactions: nwmtnbiker

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Okay, the App Store sign in was it (thanks nwmtnbiker), but here's what I ended up having to do:

--Settings/App store -- enter PW
--Still didn't work
--Power cycled phone again
--Upon bootup, gave me an app store error ("Unable to purchase [updated app] at this time"). Then seemed to actually start downloading, but prompted me for my iTunes password again.

ANYWAY--most likely a dumb error but leaving my stupidity here in case others get logged out too during the process. I guess that hadn't happened to me before during a JB, and iOS never prompted me to enter my credentials.

Glad you figured it out, I was just about to respond that you have to log back into your Apple account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.