Preventing camera from recording location

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZBoater, Oct 6, 2014.

1. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

So the Camera is prevented from accessing location services in Privacy settings, but pictures taken with a iPhone 6+ are still storing location information in the images.

How does one prevent this?

----------

Ah, never mind. Pics taken with the Camera app are clean of location data. Pics taken with the Yelp app, which are stored in the Camera Roll (or the iOS 8 equivalent) those are imprinted with location data. So the privacy setting is bypassed since the Yelp app has access to location data.

Turning off location data to Yelp would render that app kinda useless, but pictures taken should not record location data regardless of the app that takes it. Seems to me, just my wishful thinking.

2. Rigby macrumors 601

Take a look at the Metapho app. It allows you to strip metadata from your pictures right on the phone e.g. if you want to share them (this functionality requires a $2 in-app purchase though). You can even do this from within the Photos app, since Metapho includes an iOS 8 app extension.

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Does this app work on all files i.e. mp3, jpeg, mp4 video files? My friends forward me these funny videos. I try and figure who the author is, but no personal info. is attached when I click and open "Get Info".

4. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

There is free alternatives also.

5. Rigby macrumors 601

JPEG yes, music/video files no.

6. ZBoater thread starter macrumors G3

ZBoater

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestion. Bought the app and it works great. I like you can edit the pics right from the Photo app.

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I've always hated that it stored where the pic was taken. Going to turn that off now!