Previous generation iPhone models 5/5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rex3, Mar 24, 2013.

1. rex3 macrumors member

My iPhone 4 is feeling sluggish these days, and I'm thinking about upgrading to the 5. My question is, when the 5s comes out, will the 32/64 versions of the 5 likely be available at a discount? Currently, the only discounted 4s on offer is 16, which is far too small for me.

I have no idea what the past history of the previous-gen models has been, so thanks to anyone who can enlighten me. If they don't sell the higher storage models at a discount, I might just get a refurb 5 32/64 now and avoid the wait, at what is likely only $50 more than the discount previous-gen price.

2. erichess22 macrumors regular

when the new models come out the price usually drops 50-100 dollars on previous models.

3. rex3 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!

I think I might just get the refurbished 5 now, with 32 gb, but it's currently out of stock. Has it been out of stock for a while?

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

If you are talking about buying a refurb iPhone directly through Apple, don't bother waiting. They don't sell refurb iPhones. If you want a cheaper iPhone 5 without a contract, check eBay or CL.

5. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Why people ask when the iphone 5s will come out, If you want to upgrade - DO IT, you can always wait for the new model :rolleyes:

6. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I think this is the answer you are looking for: when the new model is released, the older model is usually continued as a discount option but not with 32 or 64GB storage options. So yes, the 4s is still offered in 16GB but not 32 or 64. However, usually when Apple launches the next generation, they will discount the existing model to clear inventory and you can conceivably pick up the previous generation phone with 32 or 64GB discounted for clearance when the new generation is released.

7. erichess22 macrumors regular

It will take quite some time to get an in stock refurbished iPhone if you are getting a refurbished phone I would get it off Craigslist or eBay.