Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer in the iTunes Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wd89, Jun 6, 2011.

1. wd89 macrumors member

"Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer in the iTunes Store"

Regarding this iCloud thing. Anyone in the UK that downloaded the following albums...

- Rihanna, Good Girl Gone Bad
    - Leona Lewis - Spirit
    - Alexandra Burke - Overcome

...will not be able to sync these albums through iCloud. This is because they were "deleted" from the store and deluxe editions / reissues have replaced the originals. If this iCloud thing is designed to separate a user from the PC, how would one "sync" this album to their devices through the "purchases" section. I assume they can't use "iTunes Match" because it's downloaded from the store, not ripped.

I complained about track 1's poor quality on this EP (link) about 2 years ago and it's never been replaced by the record company. Anyone that downloaded the song can't re-download it because it's gone.

Are we supposed to just think to ourselves "oh well, I can't sync that song with iCloud even though I paid for it"?

2. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

I don't think you'll lose them, I think they'll just upload as "non-iTunes" music even though that's what they are - they'll be just like music you ripped from CDs or downloaded from Amazon, or "acquired elsewhere" would. I've got an iTunes Live Session EP from Corinne Bailey Rae, from 2006, in the same position. Deleted for some strange reason from iTunes and not replaced in any form.