prez debate #3

zimv20

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
my first observation: the sound guy doesn't like bush. (his audio sucks, mic is too far away)

zimv20

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
right off the bat, they're both off-topic. argh!!!!!

seems bush is going to hammer "exaggeration" and "bait and switch" tonight.

i wanted kerry to say the reason there's only two drug companies producing flu vaccine _isn't_ fear of litigation, it's simply not very profitable. ack.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
good god, bush is all over the place. his facts seem highly suspect. he's got happy mouth.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Presentationally:

Kerry speaks directly to camera, is coherent and builds his arguments.
Regardless of content, far more convincing...

Bush is rambling, shifty, slightly panicked, hesitant, and dear god... was that spittle on the side of his lips? Is the President foaming at the mouth?

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
zimv20 said:
healthcare costs are high because of low IT tech? i'm very skeptical.
Apparently I'm out of work because I need more degrees and education. But if I go to school, I can't pay for it. Either way, I have no health care.

But, you know... Kerry's a liberal. So, you know... he must, like, suck and stuff. Thanks again Bush.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
what was the crack bush just made about not trusting media outlets? he couldn't even finish his "thought".

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
AAAAARRRRRGGHHH! Does he listen to what he says?

"the government is not here to tell you how to live your life" not exact but close.

Yet he wants to amend the Constitution to forbid gay marriage?

zimv20

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
bush was just asked how he was planning on paying for social security while the private accounts are set up.

he described the SS problem, described how today's children will benefit in the long run, and never answered the question.

glad to see kerry's calling him out on it.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Why is Kerry holding back? Bush is fumbling, as usual. NAIL HIM! Do something! Say something! Stop being genial, and gently reminding him he is wrong. Make him look like the dumbass he is. Go get him!

And what's with the water, and the blinking? I swear, Bush is on something.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
bush: from minimum wage to No Child Left Behind in 3 seconds. a new record. and NCLB is actually a jobs program?

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I wouldn't go touting NCLB as a success for Bush. My Mom is a teacher, my Dad teaches at a prison. It isn't. And tell that to the people who have degrees and can't find good jobs because they are being sent to India.

ARGH! Stop talking about Iraq. Domestic issues! We know how you feel on Iraq. GLOBAL TEST! UGH! This is so frustrating.