Price Advice: Late '08 White Macbook 2.1 GHz Core 2 Duo

BlackFalcon448

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
I got this Macbook my freshman year of high school and I graduate in a few weeks and I will be getting a new macbook for college. My question is what do you guys think I could get for it? I tend to not use websites like nextworth or gazelle because they always seem to low ball you, so I'm looking for a real world price.

The specs are:
2.1 GHZ Core 2 Duo
120GB HDD
4GB OWC ram (bought in 2010)
Battery has less then 200 cycles on it, so it lasts about 4 hours on middle brightness

What's a good price? It's it good condition for going through high school, its got a lot of those swirl like scratches (like on an old car) But the inside including the screen are all perfect.

NZed

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2011
Canada, Eh?
I got this Macbook my freshman year of high school and I graduate in a few weeks and I will be getting a new macbook for college. My question is what do you guys think I could get for it? I tend to not use websites like nextworth or gazelle because they always seem to low ball you, so I'm looking for a real world price.

The specs are:
2.1 GHZ Core 2 Duo
120GB HDD
4GB OWC ram (bought in 2010)
Battery has less then 200 cycles on it, so it lasts about 4 hours on middle brightness

What's a good price? It's it good condition for going through high school, its got a lot of those swirl like scratches (like on an old car) But the inside including the screen are all perfect.
Mac2sell.net is about as real as you can get. 350 dollars is probably what you can get for it.

BlackFalcon448

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
Mac2sell.net is about as real as you can get. 350 dollars is probably what you can get for it.
Thanks, I'll check them out.

EDIT: Mac2Sell quotes my price as $400, so that's what I'll ask.

Last edited:

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
I'd say $350 would be about right... most of the ones on eBay run from $300 to $400. Given that your MacBook isn't Mountain Lion compatible, you may not be able to get the best price for it after Mountain lion is released, because it won't be totally supported by Apple anymore.

NZed

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2011
Canada, Eh?
Thanks, I'll check them out.

EDIT: Mac2Sell quotes my price as $400, so that's what I'll ask.
But that price is estimated for a like new condition w/o scratches. You indicated you have some scratch. And dont forget about wear and tear. Keyboard conditions, rubber underneath and all. Plus, it is old.