Price drop further on rMBP when Hassey hits the streets?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zipur, Aug 1, 2013.

1. zipur macrumors 6502

I would like to know if the price will be reduced further on 2012 - early 2013 when the Haswell is finally released? What has apple done in the past?

2. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

Not a chance. When haswell is released you could only get refurb past gen rMBP...

3. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

No, it will be discontinued. Refurbs might be cheaper and it'll probably be cheaper from resellers but that will only be until they sell out.

I'm sure it'll be very cheap on eBay because that's what happens after every update but that's used.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

they do "clearance" with existing inventory, price goes down about to refurb levels.

5. bbapps macrumors regular

I've been wondering the same thing, been eyeing this one at bhvideo. No chance with just a $200 savings, $500+ maybe (e.g. depends on the +). Will it ever get to $500+ savings?

6. webworks415 macrumors 6502

I'm already looking at the top of the line rMBP for $400 cheaper on eBay, new. And after taxes it's a huge difference as well. I would wait until the Haswells come out to see if I can get it cheaper but I want to sell my 2009 model before they come out..search around on eBay.