price for 2.0 firmware if january update is already purchased?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macsrck, Jun 25, 2008.

1. macsrck macrumors newbie

i was wondering if the price for the 2.0 firmware has been announced if you already purchased the january software update. i've already paid for the january update and will most likely pay for the 2.0 when its released.

Another thing to think about is will 2.0 bring the apps to the people who haven't bought the january update (and don't have a new ipod touch that comes with it). in other words will 2.0 come with everything the update had or will you still need to buy the january update to unlock the apps (mail, maps, etc.)

thanks in advance for any information.

2. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

2.0 is $9.95 for everyone, whether you purchased the JSU (January software update) or not, however it isn't known yet if 2.0 will include the apps from the JSU if you haven't bought it already. i think that the JSU will be available on the AppStore once it's released but really nobody knows.

3. sloochi macrumors newbie

I called Apple about this because i did NOT purchase the JSU. The 2.0 software will bring your iTouch up to date, including the apps that were included in the JSU. The price does remain consistent, $9.95, whether you have the update or not.