Price of 8800GT has come down since yesterday...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Maidensblush, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Maidensblush macrumors newbie

I ordered a MacPro (yay for me) on Monday and last night I got an email from Apple stating that they would adjust my billing information to reflect the new lower price of the 8800GT.

Just thought I would put that out there...

PS: It is now an additional C$150 option for this video card.

Maidensblush :apple:

2. macz1 macrumors 6502

macz1

Yes, I noticed it, too. Now I think it's even a reasonable price which (with student discount) isn't really more expensive than a PC card and the risk of a flash procedure...

I think it's the first time you haven't to pay almost twice the price for the mac version of a gfx card

3. siorai macrumors 6502

It's really too bad for Apple that they decided to rip people off from the get go. I would have happily paid a little bit extra to buy my 8800GT from them. But in typical Apple fashion, they wanted to gouge people through the nose so of course I went the route of flashing a PC 8800GT. At the time I saved about $120. Maybe they'll get their heads out of their collective butts and do things right next time around?

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

that's nice that they adjusted your bill and all. and price reductions are always good

5. adrianr macrumors member

It's now £170 here in the UK. Down from an absolutely ludicrous £220. And it's still £70 over PC retail.

6. xmacprox macrumors newbie

I had ordered my custom Mac Pro a week ago. I just got off the phone with Apple Sales Support and they will be refunding me the difference (for the price drop on the 8800GT). Apparently the sales staff hasn't even received a memo on the price drop. It took awhile for them to actually look into it and eventually find it (on the Apple site). Thanks for this extremely useful post!!

7. freezerburrn macrumors member

the price in the US is now supposed to be showing $279 right?

8. statikcat macrumors 6502

statikcat

Yeah still a whopping 279$ on the US site. Almost twice the cost of the same PC card..

9. tfward macrumors member

I bought the upgrade kit about a month ago, called them yesterday and they refunded me the difference. Apple is awesome.

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

all 8800gt cards are at least 200 on newegg lol with many being more than that

or maybe i dont understand what "almost twice the cost of the same PC card" means to you lol

11. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Damn I should have waited until now to buy the 8800gt.. damn paid 395 thats including next day shipping on mine... =(

12. statikcat macrumors 6502

statikcat

Hm well maybe I made a dumb mistake. I must have been looking at the 256mb cards. Now on Newegg I see they start around 199. Thats not so bad then from Apple.

13. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Welcome to the wondrous world of technology ;)