price of windows xp or vista from a school store?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mrmayor92, Sep 22, 2009.

1. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

hi i was just wondering if anyone purchased either xp or vista from a school store and how much they paid for it....

2. Cboss macrumors 6502

At my school, buying a physical copy of vista isn't much difference in price from what you can find other places, but if you download it through MSDN I think it's cheaper. Depending on what classes you are taking you may be able to get it free. I'm not a computer science major, but I took one computer science class and while I was enrolled in that class I could get a full copy of XP for free.

3. PCtoMAC? macrumors member

I've heard rumors that you can get Windows 7 from Microsoft for $30 if your a student. Not sure what kind of rules go along with that but if your a student it would be worth looking into. If you really want XP I just picked up a copy online shipped for about $80 I think it was from CompUSA but I would have to check.

4. bimmerfreak0 macrumors member

^^ is that still applicable if you have vista enterprise edition????

5. mrmayor92 thread starter macrumors 6502

you have to have a previous version of windows because the 30$ version is only an upgrade copy... thanks anyway though :)