Price Point Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by flakes8, Nov 16, 2009.

1. flakes8 macrumors regular

flakes8

Just curious, does Apple increase the price of new release products ? For example I am looking to get a 15-inch: 2.66GHz MBP with a matte screen which is about $2050.00, and if I wait do you think from past experience that something with similar specs will be much more expensive. Thanks for any input. :)

2. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

With the latest revision, the top of the line iMac actually decreased by $200. On the other hand, the base PowerMac G5 used to sell for around $1600, now the base Mac Pro is around $2400. But most of those decreases will probably be on the high-end models rather than the base models.

Personally, I'd be counting on slight price decreases, as Apple said that their new unibody manufacturing process will actually reduce the cost of their machines over time.

(Granted, this could mean greater margins for Apple as opposed to cheaper prices for consumers.)

3. flakes8 thread starter macrumors regular

flakes8

Thank You !!!! :)

4. splitpea macrumors 6502a

Also, worst case scenario, you should always be able to get a refurb at less than the current price.

5. flakes8 thread starter macrumors regular

flakes8

Good Point !!!! Thanks :)

6. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

when the macbook pros price increased at the end of 2009, i got a refurb mbp of equivalent performance for almost half the cost of a new one. makes it seem that much better for value.