Price/Value of iPod Touch 32G vs. iPod Classic 160G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by organik12, Apr 9, 2008.

1. organik12 macrumors newbie

So, im about to purchase my first ipod.
    and ive been trying to decide between ipod touch 32G and classic 160G.

And i finallly decided that even though you are getting MUCH more storage for less price, think ipod Touch is a better value.

iPod devices dont last forever.. so i wonder if iPod classic's capacity (160G) will outlast its actual life...i mean it may take me years to fill up all of 160G and i wonder if by that time the device (battery life, etc.) wont function properly. plus there will be much better and cheaper devices by that time.

so i think buying a 32G is smarter, esp with all the features that are on the Touch that are not on the Classic..

Anyone agree?
    Thoughts?

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i think it depends on your music collection and how large it is. if you need more than 32gb of space or think you will in a few years than get the classic. If you aren't close to that amount of music, than even though the touch is expensive, i would reccomend that. i love mine, only wish that i had more room because my music collection has grown quite rapidly in the last year.

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

I'd go for the Touch. It's worth it for the extra features, IMO. And no one says you have to have ALL your stuff on your iPod (if you have more than 32GB).

4. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

yeah. Unless you're like the Media Pastor at my church and have a 500GB music library, (No, I'm not kidding. He's got a ton of CD's.) I'd say that you're fine getting the touch, as it's got a LOT more features. It's been worth it to me. No way I can go back to a classic after this.

5. tennez macrumors regular

If you rather have 4253452345234523452345 songs and 4352345 videos in your ipod go for the classic.
    But if you care about checking your email, surf the net and still watch movies and listen to tons of music...go for the touch!