Prices of the rumored MBP updates in early-2010

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jp2485, Dec 27, 2009.

  1. jp2485 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2009
    #1
    I plan on purchasing my first Apple pretty soon - within 1-2 months. I decided to give an Apple a shot after my laptop died a week ago. I don't ABSOLUTELY need to buy a new laptop now, but I'll be needing one soon. My eyes are set on a 17" MBP, which is currently going for ~2300-2500 USD. I would like to purchase something from the upcoming line of 2010-MBPs; however, I have a slight predicament: if Apple chooses to raise the price of the new 17" MBP from its current sticker, it will be beyond my price range. This paranoia makes me want to purchase the current 17" MBP. Does anyone know if Apple will be raising its 17" MBP price back to the 2700 range? Thank you. (Sorry for the long story)
     
  2. zorahk macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2008
    Location:
    North Korea
    #2
    Apple rarely changes product prices; in either direction.

    Notable exceptions being when they lowered the iPhone price and when they lowered the prices of all laptops last year.
     
  3. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2005
    #3
    If they did raise the price, then just get one of the older ones from a reseller. Probably even cheaper by then too as they may want to clear inventory.

    When the Unibody MacBook Pros came out, my university store were selling off the high end non unibodies (15") brand new for $1200. It was amazing.
     
  4. alent1234 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2009
  5. kakapo macrumors member

    kakapo

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2004
    Location:
    Boston Metro
    #5
    right. like how the mac pro is cheaper now than ever before... you might want to check your facts before being a jerk.
     
  6. joehahn macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2009
    Location:
    CT
    #6
    I can only imagine that the prices are going to stay about the same, but you're probably going to get a much better value for the money then now
     
  7. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2009
    #7
    wait, it will be worth it i think. Even if they do raise the price by ~200 just buy a refurb and you will be all set
     
  8. nuke123 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2009
    #8
    i agree i doubt they will lower price, would they want to? [​IMG] Refurb is a possibility!
     

Share This Page