Pricing from AT&T

sjperformance

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Based on this pic does it mean that the today price is buying the phone outright? If so then haven't prices gotten down from previous iPhones? I've been with AT&T for 1 year now. Are these then the 1 year upgrade price available to me? I was planning on using next to get the iPhone 6. How come on apple it mentions and gives me option to get the phone via next which I thought I could only do directly with AT&T...so I will be able to use next buying from apple? Thank you for the help. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410308076.178310.jpg

mguti

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
TX
Mine was the same pricing. I think the way it reads that you pay the $549 and STILL have to agree to a 2 year contract. I could be wrong but that's how I read it.

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Mine was the same pricing. I think the way it reads that you pay the $549 and STILL have to agree to a 2 year contract. I could be wrong but that's how I read it.
Yes, I believe that's correct.

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
You must have an early upgrade with AT&T. An early upgrade takes $200 off of your upgrade price. If you wait until you're eligible for a full upgrade, you'll get the normal pricing.

What link are you using to get there, by the way?

mguti

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
TX
You must have an early upgrade with AT&T. An early upgrade takes $200 off of your upgrade price. If you wait until you're eligible for a full upgrade, you'll get the normal pricing.

What link are you using to get there, by the way?

Apple store then click on check for upgrade eligibility

rui no onna

macrumors 604
Oct 25, 2013
Based on this pic does it mean that the today price is buying the phone outright? If so then haven't prices gotten down from previous iPhones? I've been with AT&T for 1 year now. Are these then the 1 year upgrade price available to me? I was planning on using next to get the iPhone 6. How come on apple it mentions and gives me option to get the phone via next which I thought I could only do directly with AT&T...so I will be able to use next buying from apple? Thank you for the help. View attachment 489700
That's with 2-year contract. You get a discount of $200 over retail.

sjperformance

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Pricing from AT&T

Wow that's not bad. That's why it's $200 off. Those retail prices seemed too low lol. Does AT&T charge an early upgrade fee if I go this route? Noticed I do get a $40 upgrade fee while with next I don't.

sjperformance

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Just the typical $36 upgrade fee.

I might consider this option and sign another 2 year deal. I sold my 32gb gold 5s in great conditions last week for $500 cash. Might use this to just pay the difference. Eventually next year again I'll be eligible for NEXT should I want the next iphone after the 6. What you think....use next and leave the $500 cash in the bank or get the early upgrade and pay the difference with the $500 cash I made?

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
really im eligible for early upgrade pricing on sept 21st.....foolish. looks like its next for me.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I might consider this option and sign another 2 year deal. I sold my 32gb gold 5s in great conditions last week for $500 cash. Might use this to just pay the difference. Eventually next year again I'll be eligible for NEXT should I want the next iphone after the 6. What you think....use next and leave the $500 cash in the bank or get the early upgrade and pay the difference with the $500 cash I made?
Honestly I don't think it matters. At this point, it's more of a psychological thing where would you rather spend all or wait later?

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
The 128 GB 5.5" model costs $1,035 total price, not bad considering Apples premium prices.

You can save $100 if you choose 64 GB, or another 100 for the 16 GB model total of only $816

ceaguila

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2013
I got the same prices.

So for early upgrade, it'd be for example $449 plus $40 fee?

I keep my same plan right?

sjperformance

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Honestly I don't think it matters. At this point, it's more of a psychological thing where would you rather spend all or wait later?

Your right. But that means my monthly bill won't go up. Pay the difference now and get it over with. Wasn't counting on these extra $500. Also I didn't know we could use NEXT on apple.com. I always thought I could only use this at AT&T. Great that means come this Friday I can pre order at att.com or apple.com depending on which website I can thru at 3 am.

----------

I got the same prices.

So for early upgrade, it'd be for example $449 plus $40 fee?

I keep my same plan right?

Don't forget taxes :)

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
the early upgrade is kind of a rip the more you think about it. you only save $200 and $40 of it is a fee so you only save $160 but your locked into att for 2 years. Im going to go with next. the extra $50 a month will suck tho.

AutoUnion39

macrumors 601
Jun 21, 2010
you and I both know if you don't order on preorder day your not waiting days your waiting months.
You and I both know that you're exaggerating a little :)

I'm in Boston also and have been able to walk in and pick up an iPhone on launch days for the 5 and 5S at the Boylston Street Apple Store. Of course, if you want Gold... that's not happening. It was near impossible to get a Gold 5S last year around launch.

There are so many Apple stores around this area, that I honestly don't think you will have a problem finding an iPhone, especially if it is one of the volume models, such as a grey or white AT&T 16gb model.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA

I'm in Boston also and have been able to walk in and pick up an iPhone on launch days for the 5 and 5S at the Boylston Street Apple Store. Of course, if you want Gold... that's not happening. It was near impossible to get a Gold 5S last year around launch.

There are so many Apple stores around this area, that I honestly don't think you will have a problem finding an iPhone, especially if it is one of the volume models, such as a grey or white AT&T 16gb model.
I've always gone to that store too. I love that store.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA

haha last year I was all set to get a white 64 I did the transfer from my bank too late at night so at 3am when I went to order it there wasn't enough money in my account so i was forced to go wait in line following morning. i had to work so I couldn't get to the north shore mall until like 8am. By the time they got to me white and gold were long gone. had to settle on black. this year I will get the 128 white plus and I will preorder it so I don't have to deal with all that haha.

AutoUnion39

macrumors 601
Jun 21, 2010
I've always gone to that store too. I love that store.
Yeah... they usually get a good amount of iPhones to last them launch day. As long as you want an AT&T one and it's not gold, you should be fine

----------

haha last year I was all set to get a white 64 I did the transfer from my bank too late at night so at 3am when I went to order it there wasn't enough money in my account so i was forced to go wait in line following morning. i had to work so I couldn't get to the north shore mall until like 8am. By the time they got to me white and gold were long gone. had to settle on black. this year I will get the 128 white plus and I will preorder it so I don't have to deal with all that haha.
Hmm... North Shore one is of the smaller ones.

Yeah, I'm planning to pre-order this year over the phone or Apple.com. I don't think I can get the morning off from work, like last year. I'll just get it shipped there.

Hopefully, the grey 64gb AT&T Plus doesn't sell out quickly if I can't get the stupid pre-orders to go :(

----------

I chatted with an Att rep today who told me that the Next option will not be available on the iPhone 6 or 6+.
That's BS. I called AT&T a few hours ago to check my upgrade status and set everything up. They wouldn't shut up about the AT&T Next program.