Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kgarchar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
I have a 2.0 GHz White Macbook with superdrive that i'm thinking of selling or upgrading, the thing is...I'm not totally sure what to price it at. If I was going to sell, I would probably keep the extra GB of ram that I have for the MBP I would be getting. I just don't know what to sell it for if a friend or something wants to buy it. It's in pretty fair condition, the palm area is a bit darker/yellowing, i think it is an earlier model that needed replaced(I got it in early June) and the case is somewhat scratched from normal use.

What would be a fair price to ask for? and what would be a fair price to pay when trading(I would want a 1.83 stock MacBook Pro) I was thinking I would pay $300 with a stock MacBook 2.0 for a Stock MacBook Pro 1.83

Shotgun Pete

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada
well because there are no updates recently you can maintain a good price for it although it is used, and it is a lot easier to find people willing to spend more for a stock new, than a used stock model

I would say probably $75-150 below retail.

w8ing4intelmacs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2006
East Coast, US
kgarchar said:
I was thinking I would pay $300 with a stock MacBook 2.0 for a Stock MacBook Pro 1.83

That's a bit low. If you can get it, you'd get a great deal. I would think $400-$450 and your MB for a MBP 1.83 would be more fair. I'm basing that on $1099 for a refurb MB 2.0 and $1549 for refurb MBP 1.83 (from the Apple Store website).

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
That model of Macbook has been selling on here for around $1,000 on the high side...$900ish on the low. With the discoloring though, if you show that to a potential seller, might turn a few away...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.