Printing on Konica Minolta Bizhub C250 with account track on

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by radebe, May 12, 2008.

1. radebe macrumors newbie

I've got the latest drivers for our office's Konica Minolta Bizhub C250 for OS 10.5, but I've been unable to get it work with user account tracking. On Windows, you can enter a password in the printer preferences, but I can't see how to do this on Mac. Is there something I can play about with in CUPS settings? Please help - this could make the difference between our whole office switching to Macs or staying with Windows! Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
    Lucas

2. willsjp macrumors newbie

Did you have any joy solving this problem? I am in the same situation

John

3. radebe thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi John,
    I did sort this problem. I was pretty new to Macs at the time, and really I was just being blind. If you have the latest drivers from Konica Minolta, then you have all the same options you have on Windows. Select the printer, and then there's a drop down box, which usually says 'Layout' which has all your printing options. Go down to security and type in the relevant information. We regularly use Macs to do printing on this printer, and it's always worked fine for me. If you're struggling to find the correct drivers, let me know and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction. They're a bit tricky to find, but they are out there!
    Hope this helps.
    Lucas

4. willsjp macrumors newbie

Thanks for that. I discovered that today. Luckily the Konica Tech was in today so I asked him to help me solve the problem. Even he was unaware of this and I found the "security" settings by accident after we had spent about half an hour trying many different things. Not the most logical place to find it. Should have no problems now and I have made many of the mac user happy.

5. jtipler macrumors newbie

Similar issues

We have just taken delivery of a C203. We mostly run Macs. we were told when we ordered this that the drivers were now the same as windows.

However…

…We don't have the drop down 'security' menu mentioned above and the quality control has great settings m Windows that don't seem to be on the Macs. We're running 0S 10.4.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Jim