Printing with the Canon MG5220?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Savage, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Savage macrumors 6502

Savage

I just bought this printer from Best Buy and got finished installing it to work wirelessly with my Mac. Now I'm trying to figure out a way to use it to print from my iPhone, with no luck. Does anyone know if it's possible and if so, how?

2. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

3. jcpazos macrumors newbie

4. Savage thread starter macrumors 6502

Savage

Thanks, the app is sufficient for printing photos from my camera roll. Is there a way to print from Safari and wherever else you may be able to print from the iPhone?

5. Eternal 28 macrumors 6502

No, You would need one of the new printers featuring air print. Some of the newer Hp printers have this feature.

6. theautopilot, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

No, it can be done without an AirPrint printer.

Get the app Print Central. It runs in the background and acts as a virtual printer and when you select Print from Safari etc it appears as a Printer. Pressing print sends it to the app which then sends it directly on to your printer. Most printers are supported for direct wifi printing.

HP's AirPrint printers are overpriced IMO. I have the Canon mp6150 which is better than the AirPrint HPs costing twice the price. Thanks to this great app I can use AirPrint with it too :)

Edit - just had a look in the app store and there seems to be quite a few apps now that enable you to use AirPrint with non-AirPrint enabled printer. Some much cheaper than PrintCentral (although PrintCentral does seem to have more features and settings).

7. jcpazos macrumors newbie

Hi again. I'm Windows user not Mac, in Windows theres is a something for enable the ApirPrint, looking something similar for mac I found this: AirPrint Activator

I did not found the list for available printers but in have something close in Windows 7 and works fine, maybe this app can do it in your Mac.

Regards

8. yossim macrumors regular

yossim

Hey, does anyone know if this printer is compatible with a power pc mac? I have a friend that wants to know.

9. TheBionicCyclis macrumors newbie