Privacy Of Deleted Videos and Images?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preguntonontrac, Apr 8, 2013.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Hello guys. My 4S is pretty insecure... by insecure i mean is jaibroken, always on wifi at work and downloaded many fixes over cydia and i kinda dont care since i use it randomly with nothing personal on it and is not my main phone because i am using a note 2.

Today i was filming a grasshoper on the desk and after i finished taking the quick video i noticed the document where it was it has my address, social security number and other info. After 1 minuter when i realize it i deleted the video but since i know about computers and rooting the iphone folders, i am worried. Also i work in a place full of engineers.

The main question is after deleted, can i recover a video or image? and if can someone do it over wifi o phone line?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If you have SSH installed, make sure your root and mobile passwords are changed. Also, set a passcode. With a passcode set and the phone locked, no one can get the contents of the phone. Not even Apple.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Unless you iCloud, then Apple has master key.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

They only have the master key to content that has been synced off of the device to iCloud. Not content that is only on the device.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

People can get to the contents, but the first thing they'll notice is the strong encryption. :p

6. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

I think you guys are missing the main point, even after deleted, can someone get into the video? I can be recovered? (from the phone or remotely)

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

On the iPad 2 and newer, they can't. They can't even get at the encrypted contents.