Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
So we've already heard that Chrome looks awful on the Retina display and that there's an updated version of Photoshop in the works, but that makes me wonder/worry about all the other apps out there.

As a professional graphics user I need Illustrator, Flash, Premiere, After Effects, and Maya (among others) looking like they're supposed to. Are we assuming that ALL these app manufacturers are going to update their apps to high res versions? And if they don't, what do we have to work with?

If anyone already has a MBP Retina with some of these apps running I'd be really interested to hear your experiences so far.

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2010
So we've already heard that Chrome looks awful on the Retina display and that there's an updated version of Photoshop in the works, but that makes me wonder/worry about all the other apps out there.

As a professional graphics user I need Illustrator, Flash, Premiere, After Effects, and Maya (among others) looking like they're supposed to. Are we assuming that ALL these app manufacturers are going to update their apps to high res versions? And if they don't, what do we have to work with?

If anyone already has a MBP Retina with some of these apps running I'd be really interested to hear your experiences so far.

Bump, curious here too.

7even

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
Give me a few more business days and I'll let you know how Photoshop/Illustrator runs :p

I think Phil Schiller mentioned Adobe is working on an update to Photoshop for sure, at least.

fig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Give me a few more business days and I'll let you know how Photoshop/Illustrator runs :p

I think Phil Schiller mentioned Adobe is working on an update to Photoshop for sure, at least.

Appreciated, I'm curious to see the results.

Photoshop was mentioned in the keynote, it's the rest of the suite that I'm worried about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.