'Pro Life' Rep Says It's Fine For Kids to Die in the Name of God

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mudslag, Feb 27, 2015.

1. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

http://www.alternet.org/pro-life-goper-says-its-fine-kids-die-name-god

Oh the irony

[​IMG]

2. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

if that is the situation, how are this people NOT charged with neglect/abuse/murder?

3. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

Some have been, rightfully so.

4. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Loaded rhetoric aside, if there isn't a greater public health concern, do you feel that the government should be allowed to force elective medical procedures onto a child without the parent's consent?

5. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

if the parents are neglecting the child? absolutely.
    a child is a parent responsibility, not their possession.
    parental rights do not extend to murder.

6. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

So you define a parent not choosing an elective medical procedure as neglectful?

7. kds1 Suspended

kds1

Ahhhh, religion. The fountain of rational thought!

These people are pathtic.

Pure abject child neglect. Arrest these freaks and throw them in the slammer.

8. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Ah, I knew you weren't a true libertarian! Based on your logic, the doctors from now on shouldn't even bother asking a parent for their permission and perform whatever medical procedure they want. :rolleyes:

9. kds1 Suspended

kds1

Yes, it's neglectful when a child is sick and then dies when the parents refuse medical attention. Absolutely without a doubt, If these adults want to neglect their own health and life, that's their prerogative, but children are dependent on their parents and cant take themselves to the doctor. These religious cults are irresponsible and criminal.

10. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

if that refusal leads to the preventable child's death?
    i call it murder, actually.

11. kds1 Suspended

kds1

I'm 100% not a libertarian and never have been. Nor I have I ever claimed to be one. Libertarians are often worse than Republicans.

12. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

My position has nothing to do with religion. Doctors shouldn't have the right to force medical procedures on someone.

----------

The only reason your commenting in this thread is because of your hostility towards religion.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

When they try to pray away something like juvenile diabetes to the point where the child dies yes.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/03/parents-prayer-death-children/2485599/

I don't think anyone is arguing that something like not giving a child cold medicine is neglect, the point is that many preventable and easily treatable conditions are being prayed for rather than having medical treatment.

14. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

please clarify to me if you hold that parents have an absolute right of life and death over their children?

15. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

technically doctors wouldn't be forcing it, that would be up to the courts to decide doctors would just be following from there.

16. kds1 Suspended

kds1

Ummm no, it's because these freaks are murdering innocent children who depend on them through their neglect!

17. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Should parents be required to feed their children? Or should parents not be required to do anything to keep their children alive?

18. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Agreed, so from now own what this thread is arguing is that the courts should decide which medical procedures both adults and children are required to take. Let's get rid of all of the permission request forms across the board.

19. kds1 Suspended

kds1

No, an adult has the right to **** up their own life and health, not their child's when it comes to preventable illness and disease.

20. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Don't be silly, that is something that would qualify as child neglect but forcing a child to take an elective medical procedure isn't.

21. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

the original post shows with the threads about. Any side arguments are just that, side arguments relating to the subject. The side arguments are not about forcing medical procedure on adults either.

22. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Choosing to allow your children to die because you don't want to believe in medicine is child neglect as well.

23. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

children are entirely dependent on the parent for good, shelter and medical care. praying for your child to get better it's no different than praying for your child not to be hungry it's still neglect.

24. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

So would you support a bill that gave the state full control over all medical decisions for children?

25. kds1 Suspended

kds1

I love the abject absurdity of your thinking. Life saving treatment for disease and illness is "elective procedure"? So it's in the same vein as a boob job or a nose job? Or a face lift?

Crazy, I tell you, crazy!!!!