Probability of a Black Friday sale at Apple in the UK this November?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Chipstix, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Chipstix macrumors newbie

Now that Mavericks has been released I am ready to buy my eagerly awaited 21.5" iMac with Fusion drive.

BUT....should I wait until the 23rd of November if Apple store UK will be having a Black Friday shopping event?

I know you can usually buy cheaper than from Apple but unless I am mistaken if I want a fusion drive option I must buy from Apple.

and £80 off is still £80 off....but patience is not my strongest suit.....especially if the 'event' doesn't happen

Thoughts, speculation, comments, evidence welcome!!

Sorry if this has already been discussed, only found a thread from 2012 on this.

2. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

I was in the Apple Store yesterday while my friend upgraded to the 5s (Space Grey 16GB, last one in stock in Newcastle Eldon Square). It took a while to sort out the contract and the girl who served us seemed to think Black Friday would happen. For some reason I thought it was this coming Friday (ie. last Friday in October).

Another reason to wait is that Apple usually do an interest free offer in the UK from November into December/January. Could save and be able to spread payments.

November 23rd is my nephew's birthday, so I might struggle to order that day but I should get some time to sit down and press the button (currently thinking of an iMac).

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Buy it now and enjoy it now. Sure you can save some money on a black friday event, but that's a solid month away. :)

4. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

Normally I'd agree, but as I say, the lure of interest free payments spread over 10 months makes waiting a bit longer quite an attractive proposition.

In any case, its still quite an investment and I still need to be sure that I need a desktop.

5. Chipstix thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting food for thought, thanks.

A good contrast from

"buy it now, gone on, you KNOW you want to!" :)

"wait out a little for a discount and potentially take advantage of 0% interest as well".

Presumable the 0% interest can be used in conjunction with the black friday shopping event.

Anyone care to venture an opinion on whether Apple will offer this black friday event in the UK?

6. Chipstix thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

8. Stewart21 macrumors regular

That was last year.

Black Friday deals live on UK Apple store but US store is still updating

It is not often that we here in the UK get things ahead of our US counterparts. But the Apple…

November 23, 2012 - 6:52 AM

9. Chipstix thread starter macrumors newbie

Mild panic over.

That website when viewed in chrome doesn't seem to load properly. It shows as attached.

When I try to open in internet explorer (on my work windows machine I hasten to add) it crashes I.E>

Not going to visit that site any more!

Attached Files:

10. slimjimtx macrumors member

UK Black Friday?

What does this mean in the UK? I mean, you don't have the Thanksgiving holiday there, correct? Forgive my ignorance, but I can't help but be a little confused. :)

11. Stewart21 macrumors regular

Correct, we don't have Thanksgiving but in recent years US companies with a presence here have been offering Black Friday deals. Apple and Amazon certainly do it. It's not a big event like in the US because it's not a holiday. I would expect saving of 5%-10% on the Apple Store website, so not a big deal, and it probably won't include the latest devices like the iPhone5S/C or the iPad Air or rMPB.

12. slimjimtx macrumors member

Aha, OK, that makes sense... Carry on. :)

13. julianhj macrumors newbie

If rMBPs are included this year, are they likely to include customised models (i.e. RAM upgrades) or just the basic specs?

14. Stewart21 macrumors regular

Who knows? Discounts will be small, £40-£60. Personally I would look at the refurb now store where discounts will be better and there will be a range of configs. This is in the UK refurb store at the moment.

Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.6GHz Quad-core Intel i7 with Retina Display
    Originally released June 2012
    15.4-inch (diagonal) Retina display; 2880-by-1800 resolution at 220 pixels per inch
    8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
    512GB Flash Storage
    720p FaceTime HD Camera
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
    £1,619.00
    Save £480.00
    22% off

15. Chipstix thread starter macrumors newbie