Probability of new Apple Watch Sport colours for xmas?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Yixian, Jul 30, 2015.

?

New AW Sport colours in time for xmas?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Yixian macrumors 65816

What do you guys think is the likelihood of new chassis colours for the AW Sport? ie. the rumoured gold and rose gold - being in time for the holiday season? Perhaps announced with the new phones and iPads in the September event?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's a higher probability than a price drop.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That's true, but I'd still say less than 50%.

4. Yixian thread starter macrumors 65816

AW has lost some of its buzz, new colours would seem a cheap way to boost that for Xmas.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You mean according to the media?

6. bangers macrumors member

Id give it less than 20% chance. New colours seem to come with new models, and its still way too soon for that.

They still have the other colour bands that were shown at Milan prior to launch. I could see those coming out for the lead up to Christmas. I am still hoping for a Product (RED) sports band.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Maybe not new device colours yet, but I can definitely see some new bands being released in September/October at the iPhone or iPad keynote.

I wouldn't mind a red or navy Sport band, and I think lots of people are clamouring for a red leather loop. I wouldn't mind seeing completely new bands too, perhaps a more premium band designed for the Sport or a nylon one?

9. AppleWes, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015

AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

I hope for more sport band colors. Navy/deep blue (similar to the blue leather loop) would be nice.

*No, I don't think new Apple Watch device colors will be available though.

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Anodizing the aluminum sport would be easy enough but it will not hold up long for wear.

I can see it becoming a problem for Apple.

Apple needs to sell watches so you never know.

11. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Are you saying bands or case colors? I see new band colors, yes, but not new case colors.

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That makes no sense. All of the Sport models (including the silver ones) are anodized. The anodized aluminum iPhones have held up just fine.

13. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Makes sense to me. You keep confusing a iPhone to a wearable device. If you anodize the watches in a bunch of colors they will quickly show wear. The silver ano should look OK the longest but the darker colors will show scratches like crazy.

14. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I have had several people tell me they would like a watch but just can't get past the $350-$400 price at the moment. I don't think the buzz is gone its just that many of those willing/able to pay have done so.

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Many members' Space Gray Sport haven't shown this after several months. iPhones are handled just as much so your assertion is speculative.

16. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Have problems with scratches been reported with the Space Grey Sport model because that's a dark coloured anodised finish?

17. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

There will absolutely be new band colors for Christmas, that's the easiest and cheapest thing in the world to modify the watch with and build buzz.

There will also be new case colors/materials. Expect a gold Sport to match the iPhone, and probably a rose-gold Sport if the rumors of the rose-gold iPhone turns out accurate. I would also expect a Platinum Edition for Christmas. And this may or may not happen at Christmas, but at some point Apple is going to introduce a low-cost gold clad watch option in the $1500-2000 range for all those people who do not wear silver jewelry or accessories.

18. Newtons Apple, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015

Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

All you need do is look at the poll in the stickies!:rolleyes:

Seems the complaints are all "banished" to this thread.

Just an example.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/attachments/image-jpg.571915/

19. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I can show you the exact same scratches on the silver Sport model. Those scratches happen because aluminum is soft, not because of the Space Gray color. You appear to be trying too hard to back up your unsubstantiated claim.

20. Newtons Apple, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015

Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

And as usual you have comments on what I post.

My point is they will likely ONLY anodize the aluminum models and that they DO scratch and show more damage. Where did I say they scratch because they are space grey? o_OAny of the aluminum anodized watches will show scratches quickly. Thanks for telling me aluminum is soft but it is also all that Apple will be anodizing and that will make the new colored ones MORE prone to getting damaged, unlike the stainless.

I am not trying to back up anything, seems you are the one obsessed with contradicting any comments I make. That is OK as it does not matter to me, being here, my skin is very thick!

Have a great weekend Jay! is that how you do it in SanFran:p

21. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Do not want to get back into your thing about warranties but I consider a watch to be in more peril than a phone. They are in harms way more than a phone, that is unless you carry your phone in your hand all day. Do you do that Jay?:p

22. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Your point, as quoted in post #13, was the darker colors will show scratches like crazy whereas the silver ones should look okay. We haven't really seen this so far.

I don't care who you are. Just calling out unsubstantiated claims, and it tends to be the same members who make those claims.

23. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

We are all so lucky to have you to watch over us:rolleyes:

24. CellXor10 macrumors regular

Coming in to this thread I wasn't sure if it would be about Sport BANDS or the actual Sport Watch body. The former I would've voted yes for, with a VERY high probability IMO. However, the latter, for which the thread is actually based, I voted No, with a decently low probability, IMO.