Probability of receiving iPad with 4.3.4(4.3.5)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Grishasidorov, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Grishasidorov macrumors newbie

Hello! I want to replace my iPad2 (16, 3g) in a service centre because of screen defect. What do you think the chances are of any replacement already being on 4.3.4 or 4.3.5 (they said that will be able to give me a new device at the and of September).

Sorry for bad English, I am from Russia.

2. iPad 3 macrumors member

It will very likely come with the lastest firmware version which is currently 4.3.5, so make sure you back your shsh blobs up for 4.3.3!

3. Grishasidorov thread starter macrumors newbie

But they will give me a NEW device, so I won't be able to use shsh blobs.

4. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Very unlikely the only devices that have some chance are the 64Gb versions.I got one on Monday and it was on 4.3.3, jail broke it straight away. I got one for my sister a 32gb version and that had 4.3.5

5. Grishasidorov, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011

Grishasidorov thread starter macrumors newbie

Please, write what is the source of this information?

6. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I got lucky two weeks ago. My 32GB from Best Buy came with 4.3.3!

7. cubedweller macrumors 6502

bought an ipad 2 weeks ago and it came with 4.3.3.. swapped it out today with a new one and it came with 4.3.5..

8. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

Why not just use the device like everyone else and not jailbreak (Or pirate apps like I used to)? I stopped jailbreaking and now i buy all my apps with iTunes gift cards and i cant ever imagine going back. Its just too much of a hassle for this reason. The constant worry of wether or not i can jailbreak and having to put up with restoring each and every time there is a new firmware. My time is too precious to be dealing with that.

Besides, all the cydia themes are absolutely gastly and tacky looking. FLAME ON!

9. labman, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

I jailbreak all the time however I don't pirate. not every jailbreaker is a thief we just don't like Apples restrictions. Some people like jailbreaking some people don't. as far as restoring one word Pkgbackup takes me an average of 20 minutes to update firmware with jailbreak and restore my apps both Itunes and Cydia

as for ts no way for anybody to know what version firmware you would get.

10. RayK macrumors 6502

The poster is saying that there might be a better chance with this device because since they are more expensive they ten to sell less of these.

11. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I don't jailbreak to pirate apps! I don't know why people have this set in their mind! I jailbreak so I can use mods like SBSettings, Folderenhancer, Switchermod, Activator, etc!

12. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

I bought my 16g white AT&T last week and it came with 4.3.5.

13. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I jailbreak to use iFile. Get off that high horse. Shame we gotta be so paranoid to replace a device in fear of getting a crippled new one.

If it wasn't for JB i woulda ditched this thing long ago. Try it before knocking it.

14. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

well if all you were doing on your JB ipad was themes and pirated apps, then it's no wonder that you you found it not worth the trouble.

for me, the attraction for JB-ing is the ability to run apps that aren't in the app store which increase productivity and my enjoyment of the device - sbsettings, infinifolders, springtomize, lockdownpro, 5row keyboard...to name a few. aside from changing the system font (for greater legibility), i don't use themes.

thankfully, changing the font doesn't require loading a custom theme.