Probable cause that Palin used her official position for personal gain

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Jul 22, 2009.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-us-palin-ethics-complaint,0,6810542.story

Very interesting indeed. I have a feeling this isn't the last of her legal troubles.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I have a feeling this is just the first of many things that will come out. She's not exactly the picture of wholesomeness many would like to believe.

4. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Didn't Bill Clinton have a fund set up to cover his attorney expenses in the Paula Jones trial and the other investigations of him?

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Always bringing back Clinton.

While I think he did, he was not subject to the rules and laws of Alaska. THey have some crazy ***** ethics laws there.

6. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That's correct. The laws are different in Alaska, and that's what this falls under.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Gosh darnit.

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Get off of her balls, I don't even like her and I hate how the left tries to tear her down at every corner. Politicians do stuff for their own personal gain?!? Say it isn't so. I thought they were all selfless do-gooders who are only in it for the people.

9. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Left wingers? My parents can't stand her and they're right-wing fundamentalist Christians. There are a lot of people on both sides who don't care much for her. This is one thing that isn't a right/left issue.

10. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

Ahem. This is not "the left" trying to tear her down. This is an independent investigator appointed by the State of Alaska.

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

And why is it headline news? Who cares about Palin? I think giving her coverage is actually ballooning her presence in our lives. Something I would rather not see.

12. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, first of all, she resigns and claims there's no "controversy" or other such thing on the horizon. Now look. That didn't take long, did it? Do you really think that's the only thing coming?

13. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

watch out

she'll probably sue you for posting this

14. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Bring it on, Barbie! :D

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It's headline news because many on the right are pushing her as a national GOP leader and possible Presidential candidate on 2012.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I don't ever see her getting the full support of the GOP, as a VP candidate some of her screw ups were passable, but she would never survive as a lead candidate, she would get torn to shreds.

17. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Oh hey! The librools are smacking their piñata again. :eek: Just when the health care bill is losing ground. Hmmm... coincidence?

18. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh give it a rest. The state of Alaska is investigating this, not the "librools". :rolleyes: She's hardly a "victim". And if the health care plan fails, maybe it should. A lot of Dems aren't thrilled about it either.

19. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

yeah and you'll have to issue a public apology for this, like Letterman did :D