[Problem] Battery on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by orr971, Feb 24, 2013.

1. orr971 macrumors member

orr971

Hello everyone.
    I have a new iPhone 5 and today I noticed that my battery is draining faster than it should. My brother also has a new iPhone 5 and his battery is normal. Music almost doesnt effect it and standby too.
    Mine, after like 40 minutes of music after fully charging it, lost 12 percents of its power. After that, a hour-hour and a half standby lost another 11 percents of the power! From just music and standby the iPhone went from 100% to 78%. If you ask, with the same usage, my brother's iPhone lost only 5-6 percents.
    I find it unnerving and I wanna know what should I do? Does it mean that my all new expensive iPhone 5 has a problem?

More info:
    Im on half or less of the brightness (so its not it).

2. PinoyAko macrumors 6502

Switch your phone with your brother's while your brother is sleeping. :D

Kidding aside, how about the location services? Try to calibrate your phone battery as well. If those doesn't work then exchange it with a new one.

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Give your phone a few weeks of use and you'll find that the battery performance will settle down.

4. jayrflow macrumors 6502

I'm on the same boat. I've given a few weeks to try to let it settle but no dice. I can't even stream Slacker without worrying about my battery. Gonna get an exchange tomorrow. Other than that I love this phone

5. Applepi macrumors 6502a

Applepi

I just got mine last week and had the same problem. I let it drain all the way down and then left it alone to charge to 100% and now it seems to have settled down.

6. orr971 thread starter macrumors member

orr971

Thank you all. Ill try draining my battery to zero and then recharging. Sounds promissing. :)

And, someone told me to calibrate the battery here. How do I do that what does it mean..?

7. Oxonian3 macrumors regular

Draining the battery to 0 and then recharging is calibration of the battery. You can also try a software restore , this helped me get better battery life.

8. orr971 thread starter macrumors member

orr971

I tried the calibration thing yesterday. I dont know yet. What were you saying about the software restore? Like, wwhat should I do, Restore from Backup? What is a software restore?

9. orr971 thread starter macrumors member

orr971

So its good to drain it to zero every now and then but it's also lethal? :-0