Problem during instalation of macos high sierra (urgent)

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by Zakn, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Zakn macrumors newbie

hello everyone,

So during the instalation of Macos High sierra, some problem occured and now i can’t start my MBP. I only have one oslution is to do a clean install but I need the instaler app and I only have a windows computer in my possession so how can i get the instaler app or the dmg file so i can set up a bootable usb ?

If it’s not possible to get a dmg of mac os high sierra now where can i get the dmg file for mac os sierra /?

Thank you all for your help

2. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

What problem occured?

3. jun180 macrumors regular

jun180

Try power off the laptop, then power it back on and hold command and the R button simultaneously. This will boot back into the recovery mode, and you will have options to reinstall OSX or restore from time machine.

4. WalterNeff macrumors regular

“macOS could not be installed on your computer” - endless loop. So I’m screwed I guess.

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Could you get into recovery mode?

6. WalterNeff macrumors regular

Trying that now, but now have a message “no bag entry” whatever that means

7. Cougarcat macrumors 604

After a quick google, looks like it's an Apple server error. I'd try again in a little bit.

8. WalterNeff macrumors regular

I appreciate your quick replies. You’re a good person.

9. loekf macrumors 6502a

loekf

Last resort is internet recovery: command + option + R immediately when hear the chime.

Drawback: hard drive / SSD is wiped, OS is downloaded and installed.

No bag entry... *if* you already tried this usually means no network => no OS found

Are you sure you are connected via ethernet ? I think WIFI also works in recovery mode, provided you entered the SSID + password.

10. WalterNeff macrumors regular

I’m connected via WiFi- not mission critical until the weekend and I am close to an Apple Store. May make a trip tomorrow.

11. scionfriar macrumors member

Same problem here on a 12" Macbook. Booted into recovery to reinstall OS X and am showed now available disk to install it on. It totally hosed the SSD.

12. WalterNeff macrumors regular

Aha! I have advanced past “no bag entry” - but “This item is temporarily unavailable” - I will try again later. Thanks to all for your help.

13. PixelP, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017

PixelP macrumors newbie

PixelP

Hi everyone

My update process also failed. After the second reboot I received the following message (German). A reboot thereafter only showed me a folder with a question mark in it.
    I was able to enter recovery mode and I’m now recovering back to Sierra from a backup.

4B6732FB-C0AD-4279-837E-95DD313FD729.jpeg

Edit: rMBP 2012, SSD: 512GB

Edit 2: Restore from backup completed, did the update again, now everything worked fine

14. blahbrah macrumors 6502

This happened to me too on a 2016 mbptb. Hopefully I’ll be able to do the same.