Problem Solved (for me!): Wifi With OS 3.0 / YouTube Videos Not Loading All The Way

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Darkroom, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

ok, there is a huge thread over on Apple.com's discussions page about all the different things people can *try* to make wifi work with the OS 3.0 upgrade. for those who don't know, or who are unaffected, a lot of people are experiencing broken wifi with the OS 3.0 upgrade for iPod Touch.

many people are experiencing many differnet *workarounds* to accommodate apple's GHETTO OS 3.0 software update. that being said, this may or may not work for you.

1. Settings > General > Auto-Lock > Change to Never
    2. Restart
    3. You can turn Auto-Lock back on if you want.

this has (finally!) enabled my wifi to work once again. for the curious, i'm not using a wireless router, rather my iMac's shared internet thru Airport.

2. RDL macrumors member

You got lucky! I just tried it and still no wifi networks are recognized by my 3G on 3.0. I tried to manually join my network and it wont join.

I have a laptop and a 2G on 2.2.1 on the network just fine so I know its not my router. It doesn't even notice one of the MANY networks always open in my area. So frustrating! Has to be 3.0 OS cause it worked FINE before 3.0 but of course in the back of my mind I can't help but to worry that its my phone. Smh.

3. Darkroom thread starter Guest

Darkroom

well... it *was* working... now it's on and off... sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't... what a joke!