Problem when I sync...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elaniemay, Feb 6, 2012.

1. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

When I got the iP4S, my husband took over my iP4. Ever since then, when I sync my phone, all of HIS apps go onto my phone as well as mine. It's a pain in the ass to fix because he has a ton of apps. Why does this happen? Any ideas how to fix it? We use separate computers and have separate apple IDs.

Also, when I sync my iPad, ALL of my apps go onto it even though I only have certain ones selected. Is there something else I should do?

Because of these issues, I never back either device up. I really need to back up my iPhone, and probably will tonight, but it's such a chore because of all the "clean-up" I have to do afterward.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

You could just back up to iCloud and avoid syncing with the computer.

3. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

If you and your husband are using the same iTunes/computer to back everything up, you can create two user loggins for iTunes on your computer. This is good especially if you share some of the same Apps.

You should set up to use multiple users on iTunes (not the iTunes Store).
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1495

Once you've done that. Back up each device. This will create a folder on your computer that will contain only the Apps you are using. Then repeat with the other device.

THis works the best.