Problem with camera

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ras119, Jan 29, 2012.

1. ras119 macrumors newbie

I just recently noticed that a strange purple thing is in most of my pictures I have taken with my iPhone 4s, It is not in all (well that I can see). You can only really see it when you zoom in to look for it. I am wondering if anyone knows what it is or if I take it to an apple store if they will fix it. The picture that I took is zoomed in on a vent in my house and you can clearly see it.

Attached Files:

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

That does indeed seem to be a strange purple thing :p

I'd take it into an Apple Store and show them what's going on. Most likely it's a defect in the sensor or in the lens. They should fix you right up, and if not, well, I suppose that it'll add an interesting conversation to each of your photos!

3. ras119 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha yeah it is very weird. I noticed it today when I was messing around with my camera but thanks I'll take it to the apple store near me when I get the chance.

4. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

5. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

you have a piece of dust on the sensor. The Apple store, if you have one near you, can replace the camera. Unlike a DSLR, you can't clean that sensor. It should be under warranty if it is a 4s or if you recently got it.

Todd