Problem with contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Oct 5, 2013.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

My friend has an iPhone 5. It is his own but to get work e mail on it he let his company add their own stuff to it. I don't know exactly what. He backed up
    his phone on his home computer has normal before giving notice as they would wipe it when he left. He went home and restored it and only some of the contacts showed up. Lots of his personal contacts are gone. Can he go back to an older back up to see if his contacts are there? After they wiped his phone it actually stopped working with Verizon and apple had to replace it. Would something the company added have prevented some info from being backed up?

2. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Shouldn't have had that effect. I work in IT at a university and the procedure they put in place is to allow remote wipe of email account and content afaik.

3. posguy99 macrumors 6502

<shrug> He was adding contacts to the work email contacts list, not to his own. When the work email was removed, obviously those went away.

4. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

It was originally his own contact list on the phone... Then he started using it for work.... Then he stopped working there. How would he have two contact lists... In his contacts part of his phone?

5. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Any other ideas? Could they have created a second contact list... And deleted a group of his contacts that were in his back up? He was just using the contacts app.