Problem with iMessage and sending out to a friend with iOS 4.1 jailbreak.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by James Howlett, Dec 27, 2011.

1. James Howlett macrumors member

I sent my buddy a message and it said it was an iMessage, but he isn't getting them, I receive Text Messages back.

I have an iPhone 4S with iOS 5.0.1 and he has an iPhone 4 on iOS 4.1 any ideas why or how to fix. I like iMessage and a lot of my contacts are on it so I don't wanna turn it off.

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

Simple. Tell your friend to upgrade to iOS 5 or change your contact entry for him from iPhone to Mobile Phone.

3. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

I had the same issue, but fixed itself when we both restarted the phone.

4. TC25 macrumors 68020

How can the OPs buddy receive an iMessage when he's not running a release of iOS that supports it?

5. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

Sry I misread the post. I thought they were both on 5.0.1, but one was JB and one was not. That was my issue.

6. James Howlett thread starter macrumors member

tried reseting my phone, didn't work. Also he is already set as mobile phone not iPhone, my phone is detecting him as an iPhone running iOS 5 but he isn't so he can't receive the messages. This started on the 19th of Dec and We have had the same software since before. I'm thinking it has to do with one of the tweaks he has on his phone but he is blaming iMessaging.