Problem with iMessage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mwinget, Oct 25, 2013.

1. mwinget macrumors member

Is anybody else experiencing an issue with iMessage the last couple of days? I'm on AT&T, and when I send a message to another person that has iMessage, it will originally send and say "Not delivered" with the red exclamation point, and then immediately will send successfully.

the only change that has been made to the phone is upgrade to 7.0.3. I have also updated my MacBook to Mavericks and enabled the iMessage on it as well. Could this have something to do with it?

Thanks in advance for the assistance, I am totally perplexed by this.

:confused::confused::confused:

2. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Mine has been fine. I'm on T-Mobile.

3. mwinget thread starter macrumors member

I was chatting with a friend of mine about this yesterday, and he said he is experiencing a similar problem. as soon as I hit the send button, it will send and come up as "not delivered" and then immediately send it successfully.

4. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

iMessage has been wonky for people ever since iOs was launched. This update to 7.0.3 was supposed to fix issues that people were having with it

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Once in a while it does not send. It will be stuck sending. I do a hard reset and it works fine once again.

6. mwinget thread starter macrumors member

I have found a thread in the Apple Support Discussion page from somebody that had this same issue. he said he did a full wipe and reset and it fixed it.. I'm going to try that this afternoon after I get home and I"ll report back.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5494429?tstart=0

7. mwinget thread starter macrumors member

I tried doing the restore to factory settings last night, and am still experiencing the same issues with my iMessage. I'm not sure what to try next. messages ARE getting through, it's just annoying not knowing for certain.

8. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

Try restoring your device as new, then activate iMessage, then restore from your backup...

9. ajt1995 macrumors 6502

Mine is recieving messages long after it should. But maybe it's just because of ST throttle? (Actual question)

10. AK10R macrumors regular

I was having the same problem… I tried signing out of my iTunes, and then signing back in. Deleting my icloud and then logging back in to icloud. Loging out of find my iphone and logging back in, location services, restoring my network settings …. Blab bla bla

What seems to have worked is sign out of messages (in settings) then reset network settings (in General > reset > Reset network settings), then sign back in to message.

I did the above without turning of messages and it did not work, so make sure messages is turned off when you do a network reset.

I did not discover any of this…. I just kept trying different things I was reading….. good luck