Problem with iMessages

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macatak911, Apr 4, 2012.

1. macatak911 macrumors regular

Has anyone else been having a problem with iMessages lately. Have an iPhone, iPad, and iMessages beta installed on the mac. Messages from the mac don't go through and even when I shut it down and try to send a message from my phone to someone it shows "not delivered" but it still does deliver it. Same when people send me things.

2. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

I haven't had a problem with it yet. I have pretty much same setup as you. Messages from iPhones can go back and forth to the Mac and my other iDevices.

I would probably check to make sure that the email you have set up is correct. Other than that I'm not sure.

3. playerout macrumors newbie

i doo!!!!

I do!!! I have problems with IMessage lately..I thought I was the only one!

On the basis that I'm still not understanding properly the way it works (please forgive me...I'm a brandly new Iphone user :D )...I don't know why this is happening: I'm sending sms to the same number (using iphone too)..the first three days it sent IMessages..and then suddenly stopped...now everytime I send a message to that number, it's an SMS and not an IMessage!!

Does anyone know if there is some setting I can do to fix it????

Thanks!!

4. Sam0464 macrumors newbie

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Does the owner of that number still use an iPhone and does he/she have iMessage turned on (and signed in properly)? If your phone isn't sending him/her an iMessage, but is to everyone else, the problem is likely on their end and not yours.

6. playerout macrumors newbie

turned on?

You mean...there's somewhere in my iphone where I can "turn on" Imessage and sign in?
    I don't think I ever did that..just set my Mobile me profile for emails and contacts..and that's it.
    Where should I go to check it?

tnxx!!!

7. mbell1975 macrumors 6502a

Yea well that only works if the person you are messaging also has whatsapp installed. Most my friends have no clue what it is although I like it.

8. matttye macrumors 601

Messages not getting delivered for days, messages being delivered without the delivered/read receipts coming through, messages being delivered in the wrong order...you name it, I've had the problem. All of this is whilst on strong wifi connection. Its horrible.

9. playerout macrumors newbie

That's exacty what I was talking about! sometimes they are marked as "delivered" but the person didn't get it..sometimes there's not even the delivered mark...and most of the times they turn into sms automatically!!
    What's the point in having Imessage, you're supposed to save money and not using sms..but if you can't choose the setting or control it..
    This makes me crazy!

10. nefa macrumors member

Same here, it's really unreliable at the moment... some texts are not delivered at all, some with 5 minutes delay, some with a week delay... annoying!

11. jsf721 macrumors 6502

iMessage from the iPhone to an iPhone is no issue. When I send from my iPad to an iPhone (not my iPhone) if shows undelivered but is was delivered. I am so disappointed that apple made this so complicated. I will make a separate apple ID for my iMessage and see if that helps.

12. playerout macrumors newbie

If that works...share your knowledge with us!!!! :apple:

13. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

They didn't make it complicated, per se. It is not working as intended 100% of the time, thus buggy. I only correct this because there is a difference, IMO, between a flawed concept (which it isn't) and a flawed execution (which it is).

14. jsf721 macrumors 6502

Ok-I am not happy with how it works. I don't know why it is not working Bc I am not a tech person. But I am a power user. I need it to be reliable or give me back the SMS texting capabilities all around.

15. Sam0464 macrumors newbie

Yes, but there are two best things:
    1. It,s working almost on all platforms (Androids, Microsoft...)
    2. It doesn't send sms. You save your money. Imessage sometime sent sms instead of imessage - you pay. If your friend send you sms you have to pay for it too - cents 20/25.

16. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Settings --> Messages

17. Hephaestus macrumors 6502

Yes I have countless problems with it so I have disabled it. Rarely do any messages get through and sometimes it requires WiFi to be on to send. Its a terrible and unreliable addition.

18. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

A little late, I know, but I wouldn't recommend this for a person that is heavily reliant on getting important information via text just yet. Aple has plenty of kinks to work out still, unfortunately.