Problem with restoring from iPhone backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by streetsofrage, Mar 3, 2013.

1. streetsofrage macrumors newbie

So today I restored my iphone to 6.1.2. While I was restoring the back up I accidentally pulled out the cord. Once I plugged it back in it automatically backed up before i could stop it. Now I have no way (to my knowledge) of getting to the previous backup. Anyone have a solution??

Thanks!!

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Did you make the backup on your desktop?
    If yes, open iTunes, access your iPhone and click "restore backup..." and hopefully your iTunes still has the backup you want to restore to

I say hopefully because iTunes seems to only keep one backup of the device at a time. That sucks and I think it should go to keeping three backups of the device at a time

3. streetsofrage thread starter macrumors newbie

yea when I do that it just goes straight to the recent one, I can't pick any. But here is the catch. I went into ~username/Library/Application Support/MobileSync. There I can see my old back up it is much bigger than the newer back up and it the time of the update is before I pulled out the cable. How do I get that working now??

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

in itunes, when you click "restore from back up", it only gives you one backup option to restore from?

5. streetsofrage thread starter macrumors newbie

correct!! I can't pick the older backup

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

but you said in the MobileSync folder, there are two different backup folders?

Unfortunately, it looks like iTunes may have partially overwritten your old backup when in the process of restoring