Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g30ffr3y

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
buffalo ny
alright guys... ive used dvdbackup to get my dvd's on my hard drive... then dvd2oneX to compress them down to around four gigs... then i go to toast ti 6 to burn them... it will let me make a data dvd of a video_ts folder... that will only play in my macs even though i selected mac/pc... it wont play in my stand alone dvd player... if i go to make a dvd video in toast i get errors that theres not enough disk space... even though there clearly is... i even compressed one of my dvds down to two gigs... i also get errors about the source material... am i doomed to have to hook my powerbook up to svideo equipped tvs to watch these??? any help/advice/alternate methods are greatly appreciated...

jywv8

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
g30ffr3y said:
alright guys... ive used dvdbackup to get my dvd's on my hard drive... then dvd2oneX to compress them down to around four gigs... then i go to toast ti 6 to burn them... it will let me make a data dvd of a video_ts folder... that will only play in my macs even though i selected mac/pc... it wont play in my stand alone dvd player... if i go to make a dvd video in toast i get errors that theres not enough disk space... even though there clearly is... i even compressed one of my dvds down to two gigs... i also get errors about the source material... am i doomed to have to hook my powerbook up to svideo equipped tvs to watch these??? any help/advice/alternate methods are greatly appreciated...

I always use the option in dvd2one to make a disk image and then burn the image using Disk Utility. Making the image adds some time to the process, but not too much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.