Problems with iPhone 4 freezing on iOS 5.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jgc, Mar 8, 2012.

1. jgc macrumors regular

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone is having a similar problem to me. I updated my iPhone 4 to run iOS 5.1 last night and it's bugged pretty bad for me. When my screen is locked and I press the home button to bring up the unlock screen, it doesn't work most of the time. It works sometimes on the first press but sometimes it doesn't work for 2-4 presses. The same issue happens when I press the "lock" button to bring up the unlock screen. It may or may not be lag because sometimes it computes the old presses rapidly when the screen comes on, sometime it doesn't at all. When I'm using my phone as well (mainly loading/switching between apps and double-clicking home to bring up the list of open apps) I find that sometimes it runs as quickly as it normally does and sometimes it's very lagged.

Does anyone else have this problem and is there any way to fix it? I'm assuming it's just a bug in the new iOS that will be fixed but unfortunately I can't revert my software as I haven't backed up my phone in ages.

Cheers.

2. wymi macrumors regular

3. jgc thread starter macrumors regular

It skipped my mind however I just did. One problem: it actually made the problem worse. The lock button became a bit more responsive however the home button got much worse. I'll press it 5-6 times in a row and it still won't light up the screen half the time.