Problems with MarketWatch.com and Safari

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by Cave Man, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Neander Valley, Germany; just outside Duesseldorf
    A few weeks ago, after installing Mojave on my Mac Pro 5,1, MarketWatch.com stopped loading in Safari. I cleared my cache (Safari > Preferences> Privacy > Manage Website Data > Clear All Settings for MarketWatch.com) but that did not resolve the problem. The site loaded just fine in Chrome and Firefox. So, I rebooted but the problem persisted and I gave up on using Safari. Now, my MacBook Pro is having the same problem. Any idea what could cause this? I do not have an ad blocker installed (unless Safari has its own). TIA.

2. johnmccurdy macrumors newbie

johnmccurdy

safari in mojave does have content blockers. Go to preferences > websites > content blockers while you have the website open in a tab. Play with the settings and see what you get. As far as I am aware these settings are saved into your iCloud account too (if you have allowed that at some point) hence the reason it may be transferring the "error" from computer to computer.

3. Cave Man thread starter macrumors 604

Cave Man

Thanks but I cannot get to the website so I cannot use the Safari > Settings for this Website options. Really frustrating.

4. johnmccurdy macrumors newbie

johnmccurdy

Have you entered in any terminal commands in the past which block that website? Also trying using a different sub-domain. Instead of https://marketwatch [.] com try also https://www.marketwatch [.] com.

Perhaps there is an issue with their own site where they have recently changed their sub-domain structure and you are simply used to using an older version? Just trying to think outside the box for you as I also hate random little issues like this.

5. Cave Man thread starter macrumors 604

Cave Man

Didn't seem to work. Would that explain why it works in Chrome and Firefox, but not Safari?