Procedure to get a replacement iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theguitarist, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theguitarist macrumors newbie

I'm in Australia.

My iPhone 5's power button has completely gone dead.

I bought it from the Apple Online store back in September so it's under warranty.

When I bring my iPhone to an Apple store for replacement, will I need to bring it with the box and all related accessories for a complete refurbished replacement with all extras?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

http://www.apple.com/au/support/contact/

set up a genius bar appointment at your local apple store. the website will walk you through the steps on what to fill out, and describe the problem youre having. on the day of your appointment, all you need to bring is your phone....no box or earphones. they will inspect the phone, try to replicate your issue, then will issue you a replacement. when i got my phone replaced for the power button, i was in and out in 15 minutes. if you try going into the store without an appointment, they may not take you since chances are they will be booked/busy.

again, they only give you a phone out of a plain white box. keep your original box and earphones.

3. theguitarist thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I will book an appointment, do a factory reset of the phone and bring it in by itself without the box or extras. What are the chances of getting a white one as a replacement instead of the black one I currently have?

4. abz1981 macrumors 65816

They will most likely just simply replace the home button. Others have said on this forum who have suffered same problems that the home button was replaced.

If they have to replace the phone they will only replace it with the exact same model of color.

5. theguitarist thread starter macrumors newbie

Has anyone ever successfully asked for a different colour?

6. abz1981 macrumors 65816

nope as far as i am aware.

7. dieselboy27 macrumors member

I had my iPhone 5 replaced last week due to the power button issue. The person working there said it was very common issue. My new iPhone is working great though.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

8. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

afaik, there's no way to switch colours.

9. theguitarist thread starter macrumors newbie

Did you just bring the iPhone in and that's it? No invoice or box/earphones/charger etc?

10. dieselboy27 macrumors member

Just the phone. They know when it was bought by the serial number.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

11. theguitarist thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. Did you do a factory restore beforehand through the computer or options on the iPhone?

12. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

as i already stated, make your appointment and then just bring only the phone. no box, no charger, no earphones. they will be replacing only the phone out of a plain white box. no need to wipe it first. once they replicate the issue and deem a replacement is necessary, they will wipe it right there in front of you before leaving the store.

13. maliu macrumors 6502a

Be sure to back up before going because they will have you wipe the phone before giving you a replacement. No need to do it ahead of time.

14. theguitarist thread starter macrumors newbie

Great thank you, Imma get a white one as the replacement, just watch

15. beMaC macrumors member

When I replaced my black iPhone 4S I asked to have it in white model but they only replace the phone with the exact model, so you chances are very slim.

But do post up on how you get on

16. brohan711 macrumors newbie

You already know this

Considering you already started a thread about wanting a replacement white i5.... M pretty sure you already know the answer to the procedure around that. Its like for like model.

17. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

As stated here on this forum many times over, it's extremely unlikely that they will let you switch colors. The replacement has to be the exact model never of the phone that's being replaced. Black for black, white for white.

18. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Really easy to get the power button fixed, they take one look and give you a new one.

However, it's almost impossible to get a white one - I asked them when I had mine replaced, and they said it's company policy not to.

19. theguitarist thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm going to make sure it's a girl that serves me and I'm going to flirt, and succeed

20. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Good luck with that :rolleyes:

21. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

You mentioned this strategy, i.e. flirting, on another thread.

I have $100 that says if you try that, instead of politely and honestly stating your request...she spits in your eye!!:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.