Process for returning my 6 and going back to 5s ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alldat, Sep 24, 2014.

1. alldat macrumors regular

Just a quick question. This will be my first time returning my new iPhone and going back to my previous one. Obviously, I just put the 6 back in its box with everything that came with it and return it to the apple store, but what do I do to activate my old 5s again? Do I just switch the active SIM in my 6 with my deactivated 5s and just return the 6? Or do I just return the 6 and then deal w/ ATT to get my 5s back up and running?

Thanks for any help!

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Personally think you're crazy, but if you don't like it definitely make the backwards change.

You can just call your carrier to get your service switched back to the old phone.

:apple:

3. alldat thread starter macrumors regular

Lol I think I might be crazy too. I love the phone but just can't wrap my head around the fact I spent almost a grand on it. I'll probably have a 6 again, but it's just not needed right now.

4. alldat thread starter macrumors regular

Just wondering if I can swap sims now and just return the 6 or not. If anyone could help with that answer, it'd be great. Thanks

5. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

What country, what service? If you didn't change carriers then yes just power off swap the sim, then power on and use the 5s in the US, no clue in other countries. I'm in the same place as you, I bought the 128GB 6. Great phone, but its still a phone. With the update crap today, my screen has the pop on the left upper corner, it's not the experience that I have come to expect from Apple. Early adopter blues

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Unlock the 5s, sell it on eBay, get close to half your money back. It'll help you feel better.

----------

Yes you can.

7. alldat thread starter macrumors regular

I'm in the US on ATT. Hopefully the active sim in the 5s doesn't shut down when I return the 6 since I'm guessing its linked to that phone somehow? I'm not really sure how these things work.

----------

Didn't see your answer before I replied, thank! I'm sure I'll have a 6 again sometime soon it's just a little unnecessary for me right now.

8. kevroc macrumors 6502

Just switch sims and return the 6. Done.

9. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

10. FoxD macrumors 6502

I did the same thing yesterday. Super easy. Returned the 6 for full refund and made sure I was upgrade eligible again and ordered the 5s. They took the SIM card out and it's in my 5 for now. I'm a one hander and prefer the size of the 5 for sure. I gave the 6 two weeks and just got frustrated having to adjust all he time while one handing it. That Apple thumb commercial sums up me on an iPhone and how I like it.

Maybe they will offer an iPhone mini with the 6s for us. :)

11. lke macrumors 6502a

After days of using my iphone 6 and using a friend iphone 5S it feels prehistoric.

The iphone 5S feels so old.

The iphone 6 is the best iphone ever.

12. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I love the design of the 5S. Obvious preferred hardware upgrades to the 6 but I understand you.