Process for returning my 6 and going back to 5s ?

alldat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Just a quick question. This will be my first time returning my new iPhone and going back to my previous one. Obviously, I just put the 6 back in its box with everything that came with it and return it to the apple store, but what do I do to activate my old 5s again? Do I just switch the active SIM in my 6 with my deactivated 5s and just return the 6? Or do I just return the 6 and then deal w/ ATT to get my 5s back up and running?

Thanks for any help!

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Personally think you're crazy, but if you don't like it definitely make the backwards change.

You can just call your carrier to get your service switched back to the old phone.

:apple:

alldat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Personally think you're crazy, but if you don't like it definitely make the backwards change.

You can just call your carrier to get your service switched back to the old phone.

:apple:
Lol I think I might be crazy too. I love the phone but just can't wrap my head around the fact I spent almost a grand on it. I'll probably have a 6 again, but it's just not needed right now.

alldat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Just wondering if I can swap sims now and just return the 6 or not. If anyone could help with that answer, it'd be great. Thanks

burgman

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2013
Just wondering if I can swap sims now and just return the 6 or not. If anyone could help with that answer, it'd be great. Thanks
What country, what service? If you didn't change carriers then yes just power off swap the sim, then power on and use the 5s in the US, no clue in other countries. I'm in the same place as you, I bought the 128GB 6. Great phone, but its still a phone. With the update crap today, my screen has the pop on the left upper corner, it's not the experience that I have come to expect from Apple. Early adopter blues

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Lol I think I might be crazy too. I love the phone but just can't wrap my head around the fact I spent almost a grand on it. I'll probably have a 6 again, but it's just not needed right now.
Unlock the 5s, sell it on eBay, get close to half your money back. It'll help you feel better.

----------

Yes you can.

alldat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
What country, what service? If you didn't change carriers then yes just power off swap the sim, then power on and use the 5s in the US, no clue in other countries. I'm in the same place as you, I bought the 128GB 6. Great phone, but its still a phone. With the update crap today, my screen has the pop on the left upper corner, it's not the experience that I have come to expect from Apple.
I'm in the US on ATT. Hopefully the active sim in the 5s doesn't shut down when I return the 6 since I'm guessing its linked to that phone somehow? I'm not really sure how these things work.

----------

Unlock the 5s, sell it on eBay, get close to half your money back. It'll help you feel better.

----------

Yes you can.
Didn't see your answer before I replied, thank! I'm sure I'll have a 6 again sometime soon it's just a little unnecessary for me right now.

burgman

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2013
I'm in the US on ATT. Hopefully the active sim in the 5s doesn't shut down when I return the 6 since I'm guessing its linked to that phone somehow? I'm not really sure how these things work.

So I understand, you are going to take the sim out of the 6 and put it in the 5S? If that is the scenario then you shouldn't have any issues with the sim. Where you bought the 6 will determine how much of a hassle you will have with returning the phone, also if you bought on Next or cash.

FoxD

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2010
I did the same thing yesterday. Super easy. Returned the 6 for full refund and made sure I was upgrade eligible again and ordered the 5s. They took the SIM card out and it's in my 5 for now. I'm a one hander and prefer the size of the 5 for sure. I gave the 6 two weeks and just got frustrated having to adjust all he time while one handing it. That Apple thumb commercial sums up me on an iPhone and how I like it.

Maybe they will offer an iPhone mini with the 6s for us. :)

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
After days of using my iphone 6 and using a friend iphone 5S it feels prehistoric.

The iphone 5S feels so old.

The iphone 6 is the best iphone ever.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2012
I love the design of the 5S. Obvious preferred hardware upgrades to the 6 but I understand you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.