Professors ask for IRS Commissioner John Koskinen to be let off the hook.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 1458279, Aug 29, 2016.

1. 1458279, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016

1458279 Suspended

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/293665-tax-professors-urge-house-to-reject-impeaching-irs-chief

Looks like they have no problem with what the IRS actually did.

What kind of argument is it when they simply say they don't have the time to do this and should focus on other things. Not a word on how this is illegal and abusive to people stand up for freedom of speech.

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Abolish the IRS and transition to a wealth tax.

3. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

What about holding him accountable for his actions? Do we let him off the hook without even looking at if he broke the law or abused the system?

4. Robisan macrumors 6502

He deserves a promotion and a raise for ignoring and laughing at the House GOP Clown Car Cavalcade.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

From the OP's source ...
    Sounds like they're tired of the the phony, right-wing witch hunt, and would like conservative congressmen to get back to doing their job.

What a novel idea.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Isn't this the guy that took over after all the alleged claims?
    --- Post Merged, Aug 30, 2016 ---
    Please elaborate, exactly what did Koskinen do? In your own words please, provide sourcing.

I listened to the entire hearing where he was being questioned, well browbeat, and the whole thing was speeches thrown at him for the cameras.

7. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

For God's sake, man, don't confuse the issue with facts!!!

8. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Records keeping laws and going after people with views they didn't like.
    You missed one important point as you were projecting. Holding people accountable _IS_ their job. it's NOT the job of these lawyers.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Ah, so the actual facts don't matter to you. I take it you never got the memo that many "liberal" organizations were under scrutiny as well?

I take it you also don't know that at the same time the Tea Party phenomena was taking off there were thousands of 501c4 organizations popping up, organizations that I'm sure you only care about existing to funnel money when they are for "liberal" causes, which were the subject of the IRS scrutiny.

The IRS started scrutinizing astroturfing groups, and this whole witch hunt was started to protect the elite billionaires and their cronies from being scrutinized for starting and funding them.

But again, context doesn't matter because facts don't matter in your nuance-free world. "They didn't like them" is a kindergarten interpretation of what happened. Did you watch any of the hearings? I did, in full, and almost no questions of substance were asked as they were used as a platform to spend 5 minutes giving accusatory speeches towards the IRS with only hypothetical questions being brought up.

It's a ****ing sham and yet again you've decided to side yourself with the scam artists.

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

How about someone provide actual proof of wrongdoing and not just more crybaby republicans crying about their failed witch hunts?

Do-nothing Tepublicans are the most useless sacks of **** in this country.

11. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I feel the same no matter who's being attacked. I was happy when that NY Sen left office after he threatened that reporter and that other A__ that cheated on travel expenses. I don't care if they have a D or R, corruption is corruption.
    have they had the impeachment hearings yet? Oh wait, you want to do this like Hillary wanted to do this. Hide the server, delete the emails and see nothing.

While Hillary was barking about how many hearings there were, we're STILL getting evidence now and the State Dept is refusing to release evidence until after the election.

Everything with Dems is "don't look at the evidence, do your job". This _IS_ their job.

This is why we need to crash the system. 1/2 the nation has no morals, no character, they cheat, hide facts and don't think the rules apply to them. Everything against them is always seen as a racist, witch hunt. They never, ever do anything wrong.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm sorry. Who are you referring to in that sentence? It is unclear.

13. Herdfan macrumors 6502

If nothing was happening, then why did Lois Lerner take the 5th?

14. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Congress is the ones that handle impeachment. It's their job to hold others accountable. Suggesting that they can't hold hearing because they have a job to do is wrong. They do many jobs, they age old, we can't have hearings because we're busy doing our job isn't going to fly.

They need to do their job and hold people accountable for their actions.

We could use the same excuse for the VA, don't investigate the fraud, we don't have time to investigate the fraud, we've got problems to fix. Fraud is one of the problems.

15. unlinked macrumors 6502a

It seem that after he took over they lost 30,000 emails related to the alleged tea party targeting.

16. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Oh look a bunch more nonsensical rhetoric and changing the subject that has no substance or proof in it at all. Typical.

I know you suffer from Hillary Derangement Syndrome, @KarlJay, but let's make this clear.

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT HILLARY! It's about the IRS. So why do you need to change the subject to Hillary when you get called out for not providing any proof?

Probably because your posts are nothing but hollow rhetoric.

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution ...

18. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I'm not sure what your point is. It seems you're saying the IRS can do what they did. The IRS can audit and deny status based on someone's political view?

Are you saying these lawyers have a right to express their opinions? If that's your point, I never suggested that the lawyers can't express their opinions.

I'm more concerned with this constant "looking into corruption is a waste of time, don't bother looking into corruption, just do your job". This has been the stand on Hillary's email, don't bother looking at what she did, just go about your business.
    The subject is about people not wanting to go after corruption. It's the attitude of "get back to work, don't investigate people". Part of the job is to investigate corruption.

19. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

And the other half are democrats.

Lol. I slay me. :)

20. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

1/2 the nation agrees with that :D

21. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

And the other half believe angels are real and deny basic science. :cool:

22. citizenzen, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016

citizenzen macrumors 65816

Let me project ... I mean clarify.

You're viewing the message from the professors as obstructing Congress from doing their job of oversight, but I disagree with that point of view. The professors are petitioning government, hoping to deter congress from spending unnecessary resources investigating a case that they believe has no merit.

You believe the professors are "wrong" to petition government, while I pointed out that it is a fundamental right of the people to do so. The professor can't prevent congress from doing what it wishes. They are merely offing their respectful "request that the House reject misguided efforts."

I see absolutely nothing with petitioning the government with a respectful request.

23. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

It's not the same 1/2.
    H1g21.png
    Ok, np, we agree. Now let's hang the IRS in public, get on with the job.