Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wulli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
the iWalk-movies are fake for sure. just watch the bootup.mov when the finger turns the wheel and you'll see for yourself.....

I’ve made three shots of the movie to explain.
(also see on http://photos.wulli.com/index.php3?dir=./beat/iwalk&width=1&page=0&indexPicSize=250 )
click here
iwalk1.jpg

iwalk2.jpg

iwalk3.jpg

From picture 1 to picture 2, only the finger moves, the wheel doesn’t… then the finger moves only a little from picure 2 to picture 3 (these are two consecutive pictures of the movie), but the wheel suddenly jumps….

U can also see that on picture 2, the finger is behind the wheel, with no reflection on it, then suddenly, on picture 3, the finger is on the wheel, with reflection….

so this definitely proofs that this movie is a fake…..

wulli

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
I had noticed that as well. The only attribution I gave to it was video flicker, or dropping frames. Still, you have to admit that if this is a fake, its a damn good one.

If I HAD to bet money, Id say no PDA at MWSF, at all. Just my guess. This is just SpyMac hype.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I noticed that while reviewing the video the other night...

still though, if not an Apple prototype of some sort....what could it be?

nubneck

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Any Problems?

That looks like a fairly through examination, Wuli.
Assuming those inconsistencies aren't due to some
kind of video compression flicker, then I'd say you're
probably right. STILL, if this is a fake, CAN YOU
BELIEVE how good it is? I mean, whoever did this
could fake a UFO sighting and have the whole planet
wondering!

I'd assume that if this isn't the real product, it's
gotta be a prototype of some sort developed at mac.
Hey, the final product (if it exists), might look just
like the thing shown in the video!

...BTW, why do people seem to dislike the wheel at
the bottom of the device?

nubneck

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Any Problems?

Whoops, I meant to say developed at Apple, but you know what I meant. :)

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
California
It's fake

But it would be impressive if something like this was announced @ Macworld San Francisco (excluding that wierd Apple button at the bottom).

However, this is a very impressive fake!

wulli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
very good fake

even though it is a fake, I gotta admit too that it is a very good one.... and I also wish it was true (without the big wheel).....

wulli

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
At http://homepage.mac.com/asurace/art005.htm I point out most every problem with the iWalk even the design problems in it. A power button on the bottom, isn't that the worst place possible? Oh ,and the reason we hate the wheel is that it would serve little purpose on a PDA and it appears to protrude an inch from the case.

GigaWire

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2001
what the hell is all of this we hate the wheel crap? If apple designed a product, and this wheel was included, it would be there for a damn good reason. the compelling evidence isn't the wheel movement which can be attributed to dropped motion frames, or the fact that his finger was not entirely on it, rather, as another poster pointed out, the grey screen prior to boot up, followed by the color OS. Only grey screens i know of are monochrome, all color screens fade to black, not grey.

Regardless, its a fake.

wulli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002

there's no way this can come from dropped motion frames and the sudden appearence of a shadow is impossible too.... it's best seen by watching the movie frame by frame.....
but of course your're right about the grey screen prior to bootup.....
And there's ten other reasons too......

wulli

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.