Proof that Trump's travel ban EO is just another fraud

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Feb 28, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So, first we were told that we must stop travel from certain countries because it was unsafe!

• Yet somehow Trump took a week to getting around to signing the first one.
    • Then when a judge blocked it, Trump said if something happens, it's that judge's fault.
    Hmmmm, sounds pretty urgent. Yet...

• A new replacement EO was supposed to be signed last week. But then it got delayed until this week.
    Wait? I thought we were being left unsafe without this!!!

• Now, it was supposed to be signed tomorrow (the day after Trump's speech to congress) but they are delaying again to not step on the speech.
    Wait...I thought we were unsafe!!! I thought this was urgent!!?

• And apparently, one of the countries, Iraq, is being dropped from the list!
    Wait...I thought all these countries were a desperate urgent security risk, and now one of them is not??? Yeah, this is all a smokescreen people. Wake up! The rhetoric and the timing do not match. Such a bunch of BS.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-delays-travel-ban-order-235548

2. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Liberals are only against it, because Trump is for it, if black Jesus had issued a stay on immigration from any country, liberals would have been falling all over themselves to support it.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Right we know conservatives really hate Muslims. See how such logic is easy to come up with?

4. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

He signed an executive order that but for the interference of the court would have been the law.

I don't think it's fair to blame the resultant ins and outs of dealing with that on the administration.

Maybe you would expect more urgency, presumably no security agencies have highlighted immediate threats (not sure how they could anyway). The problem of jihadis entering America is a creeping one

5. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the law:

8 US Code 1182:

I don't recall liberals setting their hair on fire when Obama used the same law to stop "Muslims" from entering the country, for six months in 2011?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.vdare.com/posts/obama-al...-he-banned-were-the-same-but-he-didnt-mean-it

6. bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

Get used to it, it's all politics. No sense worrying about it or crafting well reasoned posts. We are on this ride for the next 4 to 8 years. As witnessed here people will support whatever he does, and rationalize it with ridiculous comparisons that make very little sense. If you are trying to reason or reach out to the other side, your efforts are futile.

Take my suggestion and get outside. Do some fishing or hiking in a pristine area while you still can. More drilling, fracking, and the dismantling of the EPA are on the way.

If you need to get that procedure done do it now. Healthcare is about to change.

If you thought about getting off the grid do it. Net neutrality and consumer protections are on their way out.

If you wanted to take a vacation, well..... if you are an immigrant, even if you are here legally, you are screwed.

7. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Sorry that the interference of the Court was to uphold Constitutional Law. It would be noted that Trump is currently coasting on Obama laws regarding immigration - hell, pretty much everything - since neither Trump or the Congress have passed anything of note. This is not a judgement - just a factual reminder. Oh, as to immigration - we already had pretty tough standards, contrary to the POTUS.

8. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So no counter to my actual points....got it.

Either it's urgent or it's BS. Which is it?

9. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I have a guess...

10. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

It's clearly urgent, that's why it was done, what, 8 days into Trump's term?

Criticizing Trump for taking a few days to try and craft a new EO, one that the courts can't so easily derail, doesn't prove that it's not urgent.

Now link to me your liberal outrage when Obama did the exact same thing?

I'm guessing I'll be waiting awhile for you to respond.

11. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

well, if Obama did the exact same thing, then what are we talking about?

12. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

We're talking about liberal hypocrisy, clearly.

13. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

well...let's just say hypocrisy in general. What I believe you're referencing with Obama was also thought to be Unconstitutional. I do think it's a mistake to equivocate the two EOs though - as their intent and violation (as judged) of the law vary considerably. FWIW, I honesty feel that Obama tried to address the immigrant issue (as pertinent) than Trump has so far...

14. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

I'll wait till the Supreme Court hands down a ruling on this, the 9th circuit is not the final word on what is, and is not, a violation of the Constitution.

15. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Well fine. I believe you get my meaning...

16. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes. But if it really was an urgent safety issue, it couldn't have waited that long. Yet it did. Meanwhile he merrily went about signing other EO's during that time. And now it's waiting even longer, just so they don't step on last night's speech, so for purely political reasons. And now it seems like they are dropping one of the countries even. Thus not a safety issue. It's BS and you fell for it hook line and sinker.

17. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

You say "it couldn't wait that long", 8 whole days, doesn't prove anything.

EO are legal documents, passing them has profound implications, clearly they didn't take long enough to ponder the first one. Just because, you say, they delayed the second, by a day, or a few, so as not to trample over a speech to a joint session of Congress, doesn't prove that is not urgent.

Perhaps you're not aware of what proof is.

18. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Sure it does. If these things were so urgent, there would be no delays. If all these countries were problems, then none could be dropped.

19. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

It's activist judges from the 9th circuit that are causing undue delays, and the people will see that, if one of these people, let in because the first EO was quashed by the court, perpetrates an act of violence on US Citizens.

20. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yeah, no. You perpetuating the myth doesn't make it true.

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

It is final it seems as trump has dropped it.

22. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Activist Judge: That's Republican speak for "any judge that i disagree with". :D

23. werked macrumors regular

werked

This made about ZERO sense.

Haha. You expect them to remember FACTs. Not a chance. What Trump does they will disagree with....no matter what. Have they proven otherwise?? Nah.

AND people with condemn what he does no matter what. Hypocrite??

24. macsmurf macrumors 65816

macsmurf

That's probably because Obama did not do the exact same thing. Had he done the exact same thing, it would have been illegal, just as Trump's order was illegal.

Or is it your assertion that black people are treated nicer than white people by the courts?

At some point you guys have to get over Obama and focus on the present.

25. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

That's because he didn't stop "Muslims" from entering the country. They put a pause on visa process while they revamped the process system. Those trying to get new visas could resubmit the applications. It didn't prevent those with visas already from entering the country and it wasn't limited to "Muslims".