Proof there is no such thing as god

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mildredop, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Mildredop macrumors 68020

2. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

God(s) may or may not exist, it religion that fails the even the most basic test of common sense.

3. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Which God doesn't exist?

There are a lot of Gods that don't exist, like zeus, apollo, and Amun-Ra, so you're going to have to be specific.

Would you say that my brother Jesus does not exist?

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

As a Buddhist, we believe in something that comes very close to sounding like a god: a vast formless field of benefaction. But while that vast and formless field permeates everything, waiting for a quiet and curious mind to tap into and share it's boundless love, it doesn't control our lives or determine our fate.

Roofs fall because of physics, construction techniques, and conditions that lead to it collapsing. The world around us, and all of the countless tragedies and suffering we experience are the result of cause and effect, not the workings of a supreme being.

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

They may have liked they gays is why it happened. It's not the gods that are the issue but his minions.

6. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

What's your malfunction?

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

malfunction? just pointing out how crazy it is for religious to claim god caused disasters because of gays.

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I've been watching the A&E special on people who left Scientology. Some people just need to believe in something. No matter how obvious it is to others that they were in a dangerous cult based on absolutely crazy ideas, these people really believed in everything they were told Scientology stood for.

9. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

What, no one willing to deny my brother Jesus?

10. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Because you don't understand the most basic of things about religion(s) and decided to proclaim ignorance in the matter with a click bait title.
    Theologically speaking, death is not necessarily negative (other than a necessary passage). As far as we know those 116 are spared Earth's suffering and they are rewarded for their continuous faith, held until the last minute, by going to Heaven.
    Heck, for Christians death was the necessary step that brought Christ's eternal salvation to all of us and all the good people in hell.

11. trifid macrumors 65816

trifid

We are close to Christmas, you really wanna go there? :D

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Agreed. Which breath is the negative one, the inhale, or the exhale?

13. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Just my typical response to these "God does not exist" threads, I find that some people are all too willing to say "God does not exist", but they seem to have a hard time denying my brother Jesus.

14. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

This was in the days before DNA testing, of course. Nowadays the selection for eternal damnation is much more scientific.

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I was told that according to the new canon law there is only one test actually.
    PRSI contributor --> Hell, dannation, and a weekend with Trump/Clinton.
    PRSI lurker --> Purgatory.
    PRSI avoider --> Heaven and a weekend in the Playboy Mansion.

16. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Not sure you have those in the right order...

17. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Donate $100 to Yaxo's Church of PRSI and I will send you pamphlets, a blessing, and the opportunity to be saved.

18. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Are the religion started by a bet between 2 sci-fi authours...

The idea that the jewish preacher who most likely was a travelling marchant earlier on (where he came into contact with buddhism) actually is god was formed some 500 years after his death and is pretty much the starting point for a religion called islam.

19. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Where does the article or the OP mention gays?

20. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

what makes him your brother?

21. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Fellowship, no less.

22. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Birth certificate.

23. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

okay. there is no god. name it as you wish, god, allah, amaterasu, jesus, yahweh, shiva, kanye, zeus, huitzilopochtli, oestre...

they exist only in the minds of scared, angry, vengeful people.

to the OP's point. it plays out like this: when your neighbor's house burns, god is punishing their wickedness. but when your house burns, god is storing up greater rewards to come. perfect, no matter what happens (good, bad, otherwise), god is in the details because it can all be justified to our personal favor by one of many twist of logic. here on earth in the realm of people, we give that behavior names like battered spouse syndrome and Stockholm syndrome.

24. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

It is not the name I "wish" to call him that matters, I want you to name the God, you say does not exist?

25. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

It's not really worth the trouble to answer to someone who spits all sort of judgments and calls us angry. He/She clearly never worked with some of the people he criticizes so much as vengeful. For me, personally, it was a life changing experience and I had the opportunity to glimpse what doing good really is.