Proposed new "protected" class forwarded by White House

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rshrugged, Oct 1, 2016.

1. rshrugged macrumors 6502a

Good for solidifying votes for certain politicians, no doubt. Yet another expected attempt that seeks to further the transformation of America to authoritarianism at the expense of individualism and property rights. Along with the government force necessary to "protect" the new special group, whether through speech codes or intimidation by smear (labeling), truth will suffer as well.
    http://www.regulations.gov/document?D=OMB-2016-0002-0001

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

4. rshrugged thread starter macrumors 6502a

An October surprise, attempted power grab for the President's Party, and his fellow travelers.

From USA Today :

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cial-category-middle-eastern-people/91322064/

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Tell an Iranian that they are an Arab and you're liable to get a punch in the nose. They'll be pissed that they're even in the same classification category as Arabs.

7. rshrugged thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why the smear? If you disagree with my evaluation, so be it. Stick to the topic. My purpose was to let members know, no matter their political inclination, so they can act accordingly through their vote, and/or there's a thirty day window for comments at the government site.

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Can you explain why you find this troubling?

I read it, and I can't see anything wrong with it.

Clearly I must be overlooking something ominous and sinister.

9. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I can think of a lot of things to get bent around the axle about, this doesn't seem like one of them

10. rshrugged thread starter macrumors 6502a

I already posted what I thought of it and why I find it troubling; you disagree. With that in mind, I don't expect to be able to change your mind. My purpose was previously stated.

11. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Even more interesting, the people of India are classified as "Caucasoid" despite not having white skin. FWIW. Beyond the sake of biological health considerations and concerns (e.g. lactose intolerance being higher in some groups than others), for societal equality the use of differential terms still needs to cease in favor of peoples' actions.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 1, 2016 ---
    And yet nobody thinks REX84 or NSPD51 are more power-grabby in scope? Oh, wait, Obama did not make those so that is okay? :rolleyes:

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

So much for that conversation. I guess we're done here then.

13. rshrugged thread starter macrumors 6502a

If you're implying that I have some personal animus towards the President and am willing to look the other way for other power grabs, you're wrong. I have nothing against President Obama, the man. I've never met him. I strongly disagree with his politics and would love to meet him to discuss our differences. That's a pipe dream.

14. Robisan macrumors 6502

The nomination of Donald Trump is much more worrying in this regard...

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

How is it a power grab to class race better?

16. rshrugged thread starter macrumors 6502a

The extension of the laws that are quoted in the first post.

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yeah. They are extended by a new racial class.

18. citizenzen, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016

citizenzen macrumors 65816

These laws? (This is like pulling teeth)
    It's interesting to note that the link that @rshrugged provided goes to a page where the OMB solicits comments on this proposed change. There's a big blue "Comment Now!" button in the upper right hand corner. I can only hope that @rshrugged has used that button to forward his misgivings to the OMB, and to hopefully stave off authoritarianism and oppression.

19. rshrugged thread starter macrumors 6502a

As I stated in a courteous way in my post at #7 :
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...rwarded-by-white-house.2003339/#post-23645291

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

We are supposed to be equals here. Not split into special groups like the democrats love to do

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So you don't think hispanics should be a protected class?

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

No i don't.

23. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I'm so glad that the days of discrimination are behind us and that racist are an extinct species! What year did this take place, because I must have missed it?

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

the problem with many SJW is that they have no idea what they are doing. they don't understand equality, they don't get the fact that making one class "protected" means they are discriminating against others, they have no idea how insulting it is that protected classes are "less" than others . yes SJW discriminate against others, mostly Cuacasians and you have no ****ing idea just how insulting it is to imply that I can't be "equal" to others and must be "protected" , all because the color of my skin. SJW see minorities as "lesser" than Caucasians in that regard. I am NOT less than ANYONE else, no matter the color. one day SJW might get that through their thick ****ing skull.

25. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I didn't see a date somewhere in that rant. What year did discrimination stop?