Prospects of New Cinema Display Developments?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Jeromino, Dec 21, 2002.

  1. Jeromino macrumors newbie

    Dec 18, 2002
    Hi Folks,

    So there's the rebate offer that expires at month's end.. looks like it'd net me $300 if I were to get a TiBook 867 & a 22" ACD. Of course, they'd need be on the same receipt, and the TiBook will likely be a gift purchased Sunday for opening wedneday (albeit without much suspense.) So, I'd like to wait a bit and buy the 22" ACD, but the concept of waiting involves saving up a little cash, and $300 is, well, a 'little' cash ;)

    But with Macworld coming up, the other case for waiting is seeing if anything's about to happen with the display line. Either a price drop, new introductions, or both. I really like the 22".. I'd probably opt for it over a cheaper 19" unless the cost differential was remarkable. But the main question is - what are the prospects of getting something new in a couple weeks that'd have me kicking myself?

  2. yamadataro macrumors 6502

    Hmmmm, I'm curious about that too.

    But I doubt new Cinema Displays in January. I think the current 22" and 23" ones fullfill cretive professionals' needs pretty well. I'm currently on a 22" Cinema and do print to video to web to CGI on it. I don't feel I need bigger monitor.

    Design change and/or price drop could happen though. I'd welcome that.

Share This Page