Prostitutes over patriots

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Robisan, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Robisan macrumors 6502

This ad by Democrat John Bel Edwards against Republican David Vitter in the Lousyanna governor's race is so awesome I needed a cigarette when it was over.

The choice for governor couldn't be more clear: John Bel Edwards, who answered our country's call and served as a Ranger in the 82nd Airborne Division, or David Vitter, who answered a prostitute's call minutes after he skipped a vote honoring 28 soldiers who gave their lives in defense of our freedom.

David Vitter chose prostitutes over patriots. Now, the choice is yours.​

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wow. Vitter is getting killed. His primary opponent endorsed Edwards.

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I bet when Vitter saw that ad, he soiled his diapers.

4. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Let's not forget that this in the red state of Louisiana. I wouldn't be surprised if Vitter still won.

5. sim667 macrumors 65816

Another American political video that just looks like satire :D

6. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

How can you be a Ranger in the 82nd? Does he mean tabbed vs scrolled? If he was scrolled why is he wearing a red beret?

7. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

8. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

That's best Ranger.

You can be and most Infantry officers are Ranger qualified that does not make you a Ranger. The be a Ranger you need to actually be in a Ranger Battalion and wear a scroll no scroll = not a Ranger.

That is not to take away from the school or it's grads but a Ranger is a Ranger. Tab wearers and scroll bearers is the saying

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

That's an old photo; he's wearing BDUs.

10. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Then he'd be in a back beret but they did change to tan in the BDU era. The end state is he was an Infantry officer not a Ranger.

11. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

If he was on jump status in the Deuce he's wear the red beret. Every ranger bob I knew called themselves "Ranger" whether they were a bat boy or not.

12. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Of course he was on jump status the 82nd puts out it's dead weight. I believe he was an honorable paratrooper and warrants respect for that, I've not listened to the video so I don't know if the op conflating things or what.

13. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

That isn't what this says:

Sounds to me like you are a "ranger" if one of two conditions is met: You graduated from Ranger School, OR, you served in one of the (three?) ranger battalions in combat. He graduated from Ranger School in 1989. Good enough for me.

Sounds pretty conservative for my taste, but, honestly, who wouldn't vote for him over Vitter?

14. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

Better than Vitter's soiling diapers in the 101st Chairborne under the command of Madam Palfrey.

15. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

I'll take prostitutes over Tom Brady's deflated balls any day of the week.

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I don't know if the prostitutes would be so happy about that.

17. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

John Bel Edwards might be my new favorite politician:

Dem Faces Off With David Vitter: 'You're A Liar And You're A Cheater'

A debate between Louisiana gubernatorial candidates John Bel Edwards (D) and U.S. Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) took a nasty turn Tuesday night...

~~

Vitter then accused Edwards of acting "holier than thou" while running tough negative ads, including one that invoked Vitter's connection to the so-called "D.C. Madam" prostitution scandal.

"With respect to the negative ad, if it’s a low blow it’s only because that’s where you live, Senator,” Edwards said. “It’s 100 percent truthful. The fact of the matter isyou didn’t say it was untrue. You want me to take it down because you don’t like it. I understand that you don’t like it. It hits you where you live."

Vitter charged that Edwards, a former Army Ranger, wasn't "living by the honor code."

"I am not looking at any video footage from you. I haven't hired a private investigator to go after you ... you're a liar and you're a cheater and you're a stealer and I don't tolerate that," Edwards shot back.

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Watch that debate on C-SPAN. It's absolutely brutal.

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Watching anything on C-SPAN is absolutely brutal. :p