Protective films for back of new iPad? (BSE, Bodyguardz, etc.)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by miamialley, Mar 10, 2012.

1. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Is any company claiming yet to make a rear film that fits the back of the new iPad? Do we know yet? Please post when you find a maker who has one. Thanks!

2. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Clear-Coat will have it at launch or at the latest 2 days afterward.

3. mad-jamie16 macrumors regular

On a Sunday? I highly doubt that haha.

4. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Thats what it says on ther website.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I too was surprised by this...Thought I'd just jump on Amazon and buy a Griffin clear rear shell....Not even listed yet.

6. mad-jamie16 macrumors regular

hmm maybe its only the British who REFUSE to do anything on a sunday then hahaha.

7. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

Hmmmm, I wonder if the advanced clarity is actually worth getting. There is a Zagg stall outside the Apple store in our local mall, and I'll have to take a gander. I got the back covered on my iPad 2, but I don't like the orange peel look that Zagg has on the screens. Maybe they have figured out a way to reduce/eliminate that?

8. KakaduDreamer macrumors member

9. Angler macrumors regular

10. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

Remember, it'll be obsolete electronic trash in 5 years.

11. t7own macrumors newbie

I ordered a best skins ever rear film on Thursday, hope it arrives by next Friday! Not sure if it will though because I live in the uk.

My iPad one had one of these and when I removed it after 18 months the back of the ipad was like new. I only took it off because the skin had started going yellow. I like the feel of the skin as well

12. JoJoCal19, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012

JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

I had a Best Skins Ever on the back of my iPad 2 and loved it. Not really any orange peel and added the perfect amount of grip for holding the iPad. I looked carefully at the picture of the iPad 2 and new iPad back on Apples site and really the only difference is the camera lens is a hair bigger. I want my skin when the iPad delivers so I just went ahead and ordered the iPad 2 one. It's fine for me.

13. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Maybe in America 30 years ago.

14. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

Yeah, Zagg is nasty and feel sticky. Bodyguardz, BSE and others feel smooth.

I don't want to put a rear iPad 2 film on the 3rd gen because the taper is different.

15. jp700p macrumors regular

16. deeddawg macrumors 603

Same here, held up great for the year it was on there. Work with smart cover and I sold my ipad2 with NO scratches or marks on the back. Smooth & clear. I've also used BSE skins on scads of other devices for several years and have always been happy with them.

I respect your opinion but for me BSE @ $17 vs Bodyguardz @ $25 makes for an easy choice.

17. kapalua12 macrumors 6502

What does Power Support make for the Ipad 3? I have always loved their products. Do they make an iPad back protector as well as a front retina screen protector?

18. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I always go BSE for back and PS Crystal for front. Have no heard about Bodyguardz what's so good about it?

19. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

^dont worry zagg is awful go BSE if you want better quality and longer use

20. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

Are BSE smooth like Bodyguardz and not sticky like Zagg? If so, I might order their 3 film for the back. Thanks for the link.

21. kapalua12 macrumors 6502

Why don't you guys like Crystal Film/Power Support? It looks great on my iPhone 4s.

Seems PS not too popular here. Is the clarity less than the other popular films mentioned?

22. AriaAmante macrumors member

So I take the general consensus is that the Zagg ones suck? I was going to put an Invisishield on the front and one of the ZaggSkins on the back...but now I'm having second thoughts.

23. deeddawg macrumors 603

DO NOT DO THIS!!! The wet-adhesive vinyl films SUCK on the screen. They're great for the back / casing, but for the screen stick with the static cling type. A good one will be indistinguishable from the naked screen. SGP Steinheil is my personal preference, but there are other good ones out there.

@kapalua12: We were discussing protection for the back of the ipad, not the screen. Power support I believe makes good screen protectors, I don't think they make something for the back of an ipad?

@miamialley: I haven't used Bodyguardz, so it's difficult for me to answer for sure. There's a little more grippiness in your hands with the BSE than the slipper bare aluminum, but it's never been what I felt was "sticky". I never noticed it picking up any lint/dirt nor grabbing on anything going into my computer bag next to folders and such. Hope that helps.